Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Slew Braking Issue

Hello All,

Just bought a second-hand Takeuchi TB016 mini digger with 3700 hours on it. Everything seems good apart from there's a delay with the slew start/stop.

Specifically:

When I initiate a slew, it begins turning straight away as normal, but when I let go of the control, it follows through somewhat before coming to a stop. Also, when I turn the digger on the spot using the tracks, there is a delay in the superstructure following through. I've extended the arm and checked for excessive play but in my inexperienced opinion, it seems OK.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome .. Kinda hard to know from your description whether its doing as it should, or not, we'd need to see a wee video of it. All machines vary in their operational characteristics, are you comparing it to a machine youve used before ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Welcome .. Kinda hard to know from your description whether its doing as it should, or not, we'd need to see a wee video of it. All machines vary in their operational characteristics, are you comparing it to a machine youve used before ?
      Hi Muz,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, specifically comparing to a Takeuchi TB014 I've used a fair bit. Will get a video up!

Comment

Working...
      X