Volvo EC30 throttle friction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC30 throttle friction

Had this digger now for a few years, most of the time it hasnt been used, due to a severe hydraulic leak.

Leak aside (got someone coming to quote for repair during the week)

However, when I tried starting it in preparation for the guy coming, I noticed that there is no friction on the throttle lever, every time I move it to the fast position it just returns to idle.

Is there any adjustment for this and if so is it in the console in the cab, or where do I find it?

Cheers

/ns

Think its just a 10mm hex nut on the throttle handle pivot .. whats the hyd leak ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Think its just a 10mm hex nut on the throttle handle pivot .. whats the hyd leak ?
      Hi, thanks Muz

Ok, i'll see if I can get the plastic cowling off and tighten it up.

The hydraulic leak appears to be coming from somewhere above the steel plate below the cab, it dumps a fair bit of oil out in a very short space of time.

I'm going to take the plate off tomorrow evening all being well so it's one less job for the guy to do when he comes on Tuesday. Will update here with my findings and pics.

This is my 1st excavator so i'm a total newbie to all this!

cheers
      /ns

Comment

Originally posted by netsurfer View Post

Ok, i'll see if I can get the plastic cowling off and tighten it up.
        No need .. should be able to slot it down the side in the gap
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Quick update, the leak is at the centre joint (we think) cleaned it off and leaving it overnight to confirm.

Plan is to remove it, strip down and replace the seals if it is.

Anything to be aware of, or do while we're in there?

(not had a chance to tighten the throttle yet)

/ns

Comment

Just make sure you religiously colour code your hoses when you take them off as its very easy to get them mixed up when you re fit them

Comment

Working...
            X