Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3CX JCB 1997 Maintinance questions

Hi All
    I've just taken delivery of my first JCB, or more correctly, a mate just took delivery for me as I'm out of the country.
    It was quite cheap, so I expected a 'greater than usual' number of maintenance items to attend to and it seems I won't be disappointed.
    In summery, it's 4wd, synchroshuttle box, 4in1 and extender hoe (serial: 450000 range)

My first question is about seals. One stabilizer leg is said to produce oil at a rate that'd make a Texan blush.
    Does everyone stick to OEM seals, or are the indian(/other) substitutes just as good?

Second question: Is there a parts list available?

I'll work my way through fluids and filters
    The sort of things that are slowing me down are filters. JCB's site suggests five filters that may be suitable for the SyncroShuttle:
    581/M8563
    581/M5863S
    581/R2034
    32/915500S (noted as 120 long High Pressure)
    02/100284A (noted as: Short)

Now the manual does mention 10um running-in and 25um service filters, but no indication which is which.

Originally posted by Gecko View Post
    Hi All

Second question: Is there a parts list available?
    Scrub that. I picked up a paper copy of the parts list and it offers no description or part numbers.

What would be very helpful is a copy of the Operators Manual if anyone has a pdf

Comment

Hi Gecko , I am pretty sure if you go to JCBs web site there is a parts manual set up on it .

Comment

Rouse Hill tractors is one of the best places to get after market parts here in OZ .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Hi Gecko , I am pretty sure if you go to JCBs web site there is a parts manual set up on it .
          Thanks for the reply. yeah, the JCB parts site (https://parts.jcb.com) is fantastic. The exploded diagrams resolve to a description and a part No you can order (if you are in the UK).
          The Paper parts list uses the same exploded diagrams, but has no descriptions or part numbers.

The down side of the website is that despite asking for the serial (PIN) to ID your machine, it doesn't filter the options not fitted.

Originally posted by ianoz
          Rouse Hill tractors is one of the best places to get after market parts here in OZ .
          Thanks. I knew they are a wrecker, but didn't know they have new parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            An update: JCB have just changed their Parts webpage. If you are outside the UK, it basically tells you to piss off.

Parts site.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko View Post
              An update: JCB have just changed their Parts webpage. If you are outside the UK, it basically tells you to piss off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4405[/ATTACH]
              If you use a VPN with a server located there they wont know your from a better part of the world .
              Even Opera {the browser not the music} might work if you choose the closest server, but I haven't tried it.
              Just tried Opera and it didn't seem to work for me as their closest server is in Europe and not in the UK ,but the VPN on a UK server definitely worked.
              Last edited by Wazza; 03-10-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                If you use a VPN with a server located there they wont know your from a better part of the world .
                Yes - the VPN works.
                It's a pity they think it's necessary.

Comment

Yep the pricks are always trying to Geo-fence us ,and the AU Government is no better and wants to have full control of what we see and where we surf.

Comment

Working...
                  X