Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine removal Volvo EC15 Excavator

Hi all.
    I am new to the forum, and to working on the machine . I have a problem with the starter motor , I am led to believe that the engine has to be removed to replace it. I would appreciate any information, help, members of the forum can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Originally posted by EC15oppo View Post
    Hi all.
    I am new to the forum, and to working on the machine . I have a problem with the starter motor , I am led to believe that the engine has to be removed to replace it. I would appreciate any information, help, members of the forum can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Alan
    Hi, Quess the starter is similar than in the -15B. Replaced mine as the stator circuit short circuited to the ground (cover). The starter took huge current and just barely rotated. Tested mine with a clamp ammeter.

What are the symptoms ?

Comment

HAve a search on here about doing this .. there are several threads about it. You dont need to take it right out, slackening the mount tray and moving it forward gives you just enough room, its getting the exhaust off that is the problem, which givess access to the starter

Heres one I did https://www.plantandconstruction.co....hlight=starter
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        HAve a search on here about doing this .. there are several threads about it. You dont need to take it right out, slackening the mount tray and moving it forward gives you just enough room, its getting the exhaust off that is the problem, which givess access to the starter

Heres one I did https://www.plantandconstruction.co....hlight=starter
        Yes. Have changed the starter and it is easy when you dismantle the exhaust, which is not that easy hardest part being the 15 mm nuts holding the silencer located a few miles inside the engine compartment. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
        X