Ec15b sluggish.. acting underpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ec15b sluggish.. acting underpowered?

Hey everyone, before actually making an account I've been surfing this site for days soaking in a that I can and also magically sourcing out an electronic version of my manual!!! Yay. I cannot remember the member who linked it. But it was greatly appreciated.

I message here for the first time about some initial impressions I have with the machine, I've already read alot about the hydraulic testing, and relief settings, I think I may go ahead and check that soon. It seems as though my hydraulics are underpowered. Namely in digging in packed soil (I know it's a small machine) and dozer blade strength.

I wasn't able to fully pickup the machine with my blade after the boom had lifted one side to hang totally free from the ground. Upon engaging the blade downward it lifted a bit but couldn't get the rest of the track all the way up, I could just hear the hydraulics passing through. Is this a normal difficulty for ec15bs? I thought I would use this feature lots as to climb into my trailer for transportation and also for retracting the tracks in and out.

I also found doing 360deg turns in soil seems very sluggish. Like I need to go forward, turn, forward, turn. Should the machine be able to skid spin without trouble?

Thanks for any input from people who have experience with proper functioning machines

Cheers all!

Originally posted by ripper171 View Post
    Hey everyone, before actually making an account I've been surfing this site for days soaking in a that I can and also magically sourcing out an electronic version of my manual!!! Yay. I cannot remember the member who linked it. But it was greatly appreciated.

I message here for the first time about some initial impressions I have with the machine, I've already read alot about the hydraulic testing, and relief settings, I think I may go ahead and check that soon. It seems as though my hydraulics are underpowered. Namely in digging in packed soil (I know it's a small machine) and dozer blade strength.

I wasn't able to fully pickup the machine with my blade after the boom had lifted one side to hang totally free from the ground. Upon engaging the blade downward it lifted a bit but couldn't get the rest of the track all the way up, I could just hear the hydraulics passing through. Is this a normal difficulty for ec15bs? I thought I would use this feature lots as to climb into my trailer for transportation and also for retracting the tracks in and out.

I also found doing 360deg turns in soil seems very sluggish. Like I need to go forward, turn, forward, turn. Should the machine be able to skid spin without trouble?

Thanks for any input from people who have experience with proper functioning machines

Cheers all!
    Hello,

the main relief valve pressure test is a good starting point for any troubleshooting and putting you to a solid starting point. In the valve block, far to the right is a test point. You can accessa that vy opening the small inspection hatch below the door. Screw in a pressure gauge (stauff connection) capable of 250bars, start the engine, let it warm a bit, put to max revs and the use the levers to lift the dozer blade to upper max. position to engage the mrv. Read the gauge. Manual says it should be 170bars. I have mine set to 200bars, which is a bit too much, but it seems to be ok. Some leaks but it does not matter as I have put some rags in the hydraulic compartment to prevent oil leaks to the soil.

Comment

Thank you! Added meat to the pie, I think I'm going to agree and I need to test this in order to see where I'm at, then reassess.
      200?!?! I've read enough on here to know muz is shaking his finger at you.
      Hehehe, sounds like a nice community here.
      Appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X