Thread: Jcb 8060 2004

Jcb 8060 2004

Hi
    i have a jcb 8060 ,I had problems with engine dying down when hydraulics were put under load as soon as controls are released engine picks up again , I have changed hydraulic oil and filter , also changed fuel filter cleaned out fuel tank , now using the machine yesterday it was fine for a couple of hours ,it seems as it got warm it started with the same issue , anyone have any ideas as it's starting to drive me crazy.
    thanks

jcb 8060 2004

Hi
    i have a jcb 8060 ,I had problems with engine dying down when hydraulics were put under load as soon as controls are released engine picks up again , I have changed hydraulic oil and filter , also changed fuel filter cleaned out fuel tank , now using the machine yesterday it was fine for a couple of hours ,it seems as it got warm it started with the same issue , anyone have any ideas as it's starting to drive me crazy.
    thanks

Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    Look for filters in the banjo fittings on the fuel lines

New Start
    Random suggestion:
    Check to see if the airfilter or air hoses are collapsing when under load.

Hi no filters on fuel line .

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    mechanical lift pump? ...
    there'll be a gauze filter in there or diaphragm could be weak / on its way out or the lever operating the pump off the cam could be worn and not giving a full / proper stroke and not supplying enough fuel under heavy load
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    Look for filters in the banjo fittings on the fuel lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    the filters Ian is talking about are actually in the banjo bolts and tiny ... you won't see them unless you strip the unions
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Random suggestion:
    Check to see if the airfilter or air hoses are collapsing when under load.
    Hydraulic pick up strainer blocked .... pick up pipe to pump gone soft and collapsing

Only needs a flake of paint from a fuel drum lining stuck in a banjo to cause that also .. as V8 says .. strip and examine

BTW One thread per topic please .. threads merged
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist