Thread: Tracking problems Yanmar vio 75

New Start

Tracking problems Yanmar vio 75

I have a yanmar vio 75 year 2004 with 5000 hrs on it. I have owned it for 7 years with no problems. It has had very low usage in the last few years. The engine runs perfect with plenty of power to main arm, dipper arm, bucket crowd, blade and slewing.It has recently developed a problem with the right hand track motor, it wont track forwards unless I feed a bit off the left hand track lever at the same time as I feed the right lever and then its in fast track mode with no pushing power . If I track it in reverse it all works ok with plenty of power and goes in and out of normal speed and fasttrack speed. The right hand motor is feed off pump1 and the left hand motor is feed off pump 2.the fast track pedal / switch on the floor that controls the solenoid all works ok as does the solenoid. I don't think its the pump 1 as it works ok in reverse. Anybody have an idea whats wrong with it.I suspect its the track motor ?. Thanks Gary

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by garyrs200 View Post
    I have a yanmar vio 75 year 2004 with 5000 hrs on it. I have owned it for 7 years with no problems. It has had very low usage in the last few years. The engine runs perfect with plenty of power to main arm, dipper arm, bucket crowd, blade and slewing.It has recently developed a problem with the right hand track motor, it wont track forwards unless I feed a bit off the left hand track lever at the same time as I feed the right lever and then its in fast track mode with no pushing power . If I track it in reverse it all works ok with plenty of power and goes in and out of normal speed and fasttrack speed. The right hand motor is feed off pump1 and the left hand motor is feed off pump 2.the fast track pedal / switch on the floor that controls the solenoid all works ok as does the solenoid. I don't think its the pump 1 as it works ok in reverse. Anybody have an idea whats wrong with it.I suspect its the track motor ?. Thanks Gary
    couple of galleries cross flowing in the rotary coupling ... oils seal/O ring split between two, I'd guess, from standing about
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

I'd go with orbital valve too, since, if its the same bank/feed that powers that motor, it will use a different journal in the valve when the flow is reversed, that said, it could just be a dodgy valve slice .. or some shit in it causing the same problem too, possibly a bit of rubber crumb if she been sitting a while
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

New Start
    Thanks for your replies, I will bypass it to try first before stripping