Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KX41 (orginal) Grease Nipples and Pipe

KX41 (orginal) Grease Nipples and Pipe

Hi,
    Couple of questions. Does anyone know what thread the grease nipples are? The overall size of the threaded part is approx 10mm but the thread is finer than 1mm. Doesn't appear to be 3.8" UNF either, it's slightly finer than that as well. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

The other question is about the pipe that runs from a remote grease nipple to the point it's lubricating. In this case the nipple is on the front of the machine and the pipe goes to the rear of the boom swing cylinder. That pipe leaks halfway along so needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what that type of pipe would be called, it's some sort of quite hard plastic with what looks like a compression joint at the front (haven't got at the back yet).

Thanks in advance, Tony S

Checking against some other fittings it looks like the broken one I removed is 1/8" NPT. Does that sound plausible?

Its metric fine. Some older threads were described as Japanese metric on earlier machines because it was believed the pitch didnt even match metric fine, but thats what Ive been told it is ? .. yes its just a plastic pipe and olive arrangement, just save your old olive and fittings and replace the pipe
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Thanks that's great. M10 x 1.0 I assume, anyway I've just ordered a couple to check. I just need two at the moment but will keep some spare.

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    1/8" gas is quite possible ... a lot of nipples were .... it may be that the wrong nipple has been used in the first place IIRC 1/8" BSG/P was 28 TPI so very close to 1mm but slightly finer (28 threads per 25.4mm)
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

There are a few threads round about that size, coarsest is 3/8" UNF at 24tpi, M10 fine is 1mm so a bit finer than 25tpi, 1/8"NPT = 27 and as you say BSP is 28. I find it quite hard to tell when there are only a few threads. I don't have anything in M10 fine to try just now, but will do in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
    There are a few threads round about that size, coarsest is 3/8" UNF at 24tpi, M10 fine is 1mm so a bit finer than 25tpi, 1/8"NPT = 27 and as you say BSP is 28. I find it quite hard to tell when there are only a few threads. I don't have anything in M10 fine to try just now, but will do in a couple of days.
    As a matter of interest where did you get your M10s?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon-Kent View Post
    As a matter of interest where did you get your M10s?
    I've not got them yet, but I ordered off the first ones I found on Ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grease-Ni...72.m2749.l2649

L&S do just about every type (except NPT) https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/metric...e-nipples.html

I should say.... when I mentioned metric fine I was referring to general bolts .. huh I didnt read the whole thread Dunno what the nipples are .. but they are a fine thread so it may still be correct what I said but .. equally .. all the Jap stuff used to be BSP for any piping .. so V8 Druid may be correct also
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

So I just checked and they're not M10 x 1.0 either. I've been searching to try and fine examples of the two remaining possibilities that I think are left, 1/8" NPT or 1/8" BSP. Will also try asking L&S.