Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digger Keys

Hey all,

Apologies for second post in a row. Just committed to a 2005 8014 today and pleased It only has one key - so asked the dealer about more and the advice was to go on ebay and just buy one?!!! They are all the same.

2005 does not seem that long ago. Cars have long had secure keys, chips etc. I hear all the time of plant machinery being stolen and heading overseas. When did the big names go to secure keys, immobilisers etc? I read of some with master keys and operator keys etc.

Makes me wonder about security for mine. What could i do? should i even bother?!

Thanks
    Mike

Originally posted by Matchermike View Post
    Hey all,

Apologies for second post in a row. Just committed to a 2005 8014 today and pleased It only has one key - so asked the dealer about more and the advice was to go on ebay and just buy one?!!! They are all the same.

2005 does not seem that long ago. Cars have long had secure keys, chips etc. I hear all the time of plant machinery being stolen and heading overseas. When did the big names go to secure keys, immobilisers etc? I read of some with master keys and operator keys etc.

Makes me wonder about security for mine. What could i do? should i even bother?!

Thanks
    Mike
    at that size if they want it it'll go ..... the best security is keeping it locked up out of sight in summat solid, like a twist lock box or a building of some sort .... parked anywhere it can be accessed with a hiab for instance is asking to lose it
    As the old saying goes .. a lock only keeps out an honest man .... thieving bast**ds don't give a sh1t about the damage they do to gain what they want .... try to minimise the temptation for them and risk to you

as for keys .... they all seem to use virtually the same sorts of keys ... my 'Drema key is virtually identical to a jakey key .. same number
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
    X