Thread: JCB 801.4 Couplers

New Start

JCB 801.4 Couplers

Hi Guy’s
    I want to hire an auger to go on the auxiliary hydraulics of my jcb 801.4 but the outflow coupler is 3/4 and the auger I want to higher is 1/2 inch, if I put a reducer on the outflow and a female flat face coupler will that cause any problems with the hydraulics?
    Thanks
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Malvern Michael View Post
    Hi Guy’s
    I want to hire an auger to go on the auxiliary hydraulics of my jcb 801.4 but the outflow coupler is 3/4 and the auger I want to higher is 1/2 inch, if I put a reducer on the outflow and a female flat face coupler will that cause any problems with the hydraulics?
    Thanks
    Michael
    Dont think so mate, wider to lower increases flow and makes the unit run faster a bit .. but I have to say Firstly ... the wider unit is usually the return , and most JCBS dont have 2 direction flow which will not work an auger ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

New Start
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Dont think so mate, wider to lower increases flow and makes the unit run faster a bit .. but I have to say Firstly ... the wider unit is usually the return , and most JCBS dont have 2 direction flow which will not work an auger ?
    I didn’t know about single direction flow, that may scupper my hire of an auger

Quote Originally Posted by Malvern Michael View Post
    I didn’t know about single direction flow, that may scupper my hire of an auger
    Can you give us a pic of what it looks like ? .. some may have been modified for bi directional flow, but you will definately need 2 pipes because the auger is driven by a motor that requires an in and out
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist