Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Benford dumper ID & gearbox/ram question :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Benford dumper ID & gearbox/ram question :-)

Hi All,

Just about to pull the trigger on a cheap old dumper. Benford 3 ton. Thats all i know.

It has 2 issues - Leaking steering ram, and really loose gearstick, that i'm told sometimes pops out, and needs the lid lifting to pop back in. I can only find 2 FWD gears and reverse, but they move it ok.

Does this sound of great concern? I'm hoping i can get seals refurbed somewhere. Is the gearbox likely to be a pain to recon, or expensive?

Does anyone recognise this beast? The plates are all painted over.

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpg

Appreciate any advice before i get it shipped.

Mike :-)

Originally posted by Matchermike View Post
    Hi All,

Just about to pull the trigger on a cheap old dumper. Benford 3 ton. Thats all i know.

It has 2 issues - Leaking steering ram, and really loose gearstick, that i'm told sometimes pops out, and needs the lid lifting to pop back in. I can only find 2 FWD gears and reverse, but they move it ok.

Does this sound of great concern? I'm hoping i can get seals refurbed somewhere. Is the gearbox likely to be a pain to recon, or expensive?

Does anyone recognise this beast? The plates are all painted over.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4402[/ATTACH]

Appreciate any advice before i get it shipped.

Mike :-)
    well it looks well shod ... Guess it's a 3 tonner ... fairly good dumpers those ... if the ram is leaking from the gland seal, you'd get away with just that ...... get it off and have a look at it ... doubt the gland seals'd cost you a lot TBH ... the g/box is pretty basic in most dumpers of that period and not rocket science to sort
    is it clutch or shuttle Mike ?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
    X