Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you store your dumper- skip up or down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store your dumper- skip up or down?

mine is outside all the time and the skip naturally fills with water .Is it good proctice to store with skip lifted up to prevent water gathering?

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
    mine is outside all the time and the skip naturally fills with water .Is it good proctice to store with skip lifted up to prevent water gathering?
    Yes ! cos when it freezes good..... you cant get the ice out ! and canny use the thing !
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Yes ! cos when it freezes good..... you cant get the ice out ! and canny use the thing !
      thanks Muz was worried about the ram getting rusty

Comment

store mine down ..... has two rams to get rusty ... also has a small split in a weld that i've never bothered to repair as it drains nicely
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

I don’t have the choice, as it self lowers over a few weeks! Doesn’t matter now I’ve built my tractor shed as it has the luxury of living in doors.

Comment

Wont rust if the chrome is ok , but OTOH if its dodgy and blistered then yes leave it down
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Skip down. Mine has drain holes in the bottom i make sure they are clean.

Comment

Working...
              X