Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: volvo ec15b cuts out straight after starting

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerJammer View Post
    ok so ive solved the problem! seems my last customers neighbours wernt too happy about the work being done so decided to go out to my machine during the night and empty a bottle of break fluid into the fuel tank which then over the 5days or so it was playing up de-laminated the inside of my tank and kept trying to suck plastic through! was difficult to see as the machine was quite full of fuel but after emptying the carnage became visible so shoved a pipe in a fuel can cranked her over and problem solved!!!!! what a nightmare thanks for all your help guys!!
    That wasnt very nice of them wonder what thats done to the fuel system & pump
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    That wasnt very nice of them wonder what thats done to the fuel system & pump
    That's concerning ,I would probably consider adding an injector pump lube or something to the fuel ,I have heard some people use a mineral 2 stroke oil in small quantities ,I have experimented with it myself in older type diesels, ie non common rail without issue.

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmerJammer View Post
    ok so ive solved the problem! seems my last customers neighbours wernt too happy about the work being done so decided to go out to my machine during the night and empty a bottle of break fluid into the fuel tank which then over the 5days or so it was playing up de-laminated the inside of my tank and kept trying to suck plastic through! was difficult to see as the machine was quite full of fuel but after emptying the carnage became visible so shoved a pipe in a fuel can cranked her over and problem solved!!!!! what a nightmare thanks for all your help guys!!
    how did you find this out ?????
    if by legit means I'd be sending them the bills for all the effort, issues and inevitable damages ..... plus consequentials obviously ... make the b'stards pay
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!