volvo ec15b cuts out straight after starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volvo ec15b cuts out straight after starting

hi there i have a volvo ec15b that cuts out straight after starting! it has a new stop solenoid and ecu box and all wiring that i can access looks good! just found the q.g.s controller has burnt out, would this cause the problem?

Originally posted by JimmerJammer View Post
    hi there i have a volvo ec15b that cuts out straight after starting! it has a new stop solenoid and ecu box and all wiring that i can access looks good! just found the q.g.s controller has burnt out, would this cause the problem?
    Welcome ... Doubt it....could be a faulty temp sender or oil pressure, try disconnecting them first, they would cause a shut down if faulty
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Welcome ... Doubt it....could be a faulty temp sender or oil pressure, try disconnecting them first, they would cause a shut down if faulty
      ok, just disconected them both ran for about 3secs then cut out! fuel pump seems to have mind of its own now as well!! im starting to think the wiring loom has had it, is this a known fault with these machines? cheers

Comment

ok, just disconected them both ran for about 3secs then cut out! fuel pump seems to have mind of its own now as well!! im starting to think the wiring loom has had it, is this a known fault with these machines? cheers
        it's an Ovlov EC15 ..... ...... reckon there's more written about them here than any other machine .... thank God i don't own one
        sorry that's no help
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          it's an Ovlov EC15 ..... ...... reckon there's more written about them here than any other machine .... thank God i don't own one
          sorry that's no help

tell me about it, i'll never buy another one after this thats for sure!!!

Comment

They are ok wee piles of crap once you get to know them sounds like the ecu has a broken wire or bad earth .. the machine will run without it .. pull it out and try again Good fuel flow also essential .. should be jumping out of the pipe you take off the pump
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

they are indeed!!! thats what i thought, the ecu, so i bought a new one and still no difference! my next port of call would be to split the loom and check for any damaged wires! have really good fuel flow and a full filter of fuel all the time so thats all good, just interested to know if there is anything else i can try before pulling the loom out of it

Comment

they are indeed!!! thats what i thought, the ecu, so i bought a new one and still no difference! my next port of call would be to split the loom and check for any damaged wires! have really good fuel flow and a full filter of fuel all the time so thats all good, just interested to know if there is anything else i can try before pulling the loom out of it
                ... bet that hurt ..... especially when it didn't cure the problem
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hi there,

Muz’s advice for disconnecting the temp and oil sensor is good. I serviced mine by replacing faulty sensors

Another place to troubleshoot are the tiny relays under the seat. My -15b had a poor connection in one of the relay sockets. Pull out the relays and check for loose connection by pulling gently the wires. You might be able to pull out the wire with flat connector out of the socket indicating that the plastic holder has been partially broken. Check for loosened connections as well. In case you have the electric diagram at hand, look first for the relay RE4. It energizes the fuel pump taking some commands from the ”ECU” as well.

Sometimes the problem is solved by wiggling the relays and wires going to the fuse box (right below the seat.)

In case you can’t hear the buzzing sound of the fuel pump when turning the key, you have a relay or a fuel pump issue.

The electrical system is really simple, don’t give up, just be be prepared to stay in an awkward working position with your hands and head under the seat for the time needed and you have a reliable piece of equipment again.
                  Last edited by Mattir; 02-10-2019, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                    Hi there,

Muz’s advice for disconnecting the temp and oil sensor is good. I serviced mine by replacing faulty sensors

Another place to troubleshoot are the tiny relays under the seat. My -15b had a poor connection in one of the relay sockets. Pull out the relays and check for loose connection by pulling gently the wires. You might be able to pull out the wire with flat connector out of the socket indicating that the plastic holder has been partially broken. Check for loosened connections as well. In case you have the electric diagram at hand, look first for the relay RE4. It energizes the fuel pump taking some commands from the ”ECU” as well.

Sometimes the problem is solved by wiggling the relays and wires going to the fuse box (right below the seat.)

In case you can’t hear the buzzing sound of the fuel pump when turning the key, you have a relay or a fuel pump issue.

The electrical system is really simple, don’t give up, just be be prepared to stay in an awkward working position with your hands and head under the seat for the time needed and you have a reliable piece of equipment again.

ok so ive solved the problem! seems my last customers neighbours wernt too happy about the work being done so decided to go out to my machine during the night and empty a bottle of break fluid into the fuel tank which then over the 5days or so it was playing up de-laminated the inside of my tank and kept trying to suck plastic through! was difficult to see as the machine was quite full of fuel but after emptying the carnage became visible so shoved a pipe in a fuel can cranked her over and problem solved!!!!! what a nightmare thanks for all your help guys!!

Comment

ok so ive solved the problem! seems my last customers neighbours wernt too happy about the work being done so decided to go out to my machine during the night and empty a bottle of break fluid into the fuel tank which then over the 5days or so it was playing up de-laminated the inside of my tank and kept trying to suck plastic through! was difficult to see as the machine was quite full of fuel but after emptying the carnage became visible so shoved a pipe in a fuel can cranked her over and problem solved!!!!! what a nightmare thanks for all your help guys!!
                      That wasnt very nice of them wonder what thats done to the fuel system & pump

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        That wasnt very nice of them wonder what thats done to the fuel system & pump
                        That's concerning ,I would probably consider adding an injector pump lube or something to the fuel ,I have heard some people use a mineral 2 stroke oil in small quantities ,I have experimented with it myself in older type diesels, ie non common rail without issue.

Comment

how did you find this out ?????
                          if by legit means I'd be sending them the bills for all the effort, issues and inevitable damages ..... plus consequentials obviously ... make the b'stards pay

Comment

Working...
                          X