Thwaites 3 ton dumper with petter ph2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thwaites 3 ton dumper with petter ph2

Hi guys sorry to post again but trying to get my membership up.
    Anyone any idea why the PH2 should be billowing black smoke, I mean where you can't see the dumper anymore and you can't turn it off.
    My suspicion is that the diesel is leaking into the sump oil and causing some back pressure, The injectors seem to be OK but would like to see a video of the spray pattern to be sure.
    It has the Bryce FAOAB injector pumps one per cylinder and they seem OK on a visual inspection.
    So it could be Rings, injectors valve stems.....any ideas greatly received.
    Also the only way to start it was by bumping it. no chance off the handle as compression too great. Get a little wisp of white smoke when you drop the lever but that's all.cheers
    Hank

Originally posted by Hankstains View Post
    Hi guys sorry to post again but trying to get my membership up.
    Anyone any idea why the PH2 should be billowing black smoke, I mean where you can't see the dumper anymore and you can't turn it off.
    My suspicion is that the diesel is leaking into the sump oil and causing some back pressure, The injectors seem to be OK but would like to see a video of the spray pattern to be sure.
    It has the Bryce FAOAB injector pumps one per cylinder and they seem OK on a visual inspection.
    So it could be Rings, injectors valve stems.....any ideas greatly received.
    Also the only way to start it was by bumping it. no chance off the handle as compression too great. Get a little wisp of white smoke when you drop the lever but that's all.cheers
    Hank
    black smoke is over fueling ... usually .. but not to the point where it's white smoking which is waaaay too much fuel
    oil is usually blue
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

There is a little drop down brass weight on the fuel rack that is iirc lifted to aid starting and should drop out of engagement once the engine starts and the rack moves.

it sounds as though perhaps yours is jammed in the raised position? I had to remake mine as it was so badly worn, a relatively simple milling job once you’ve discovered what the fault is

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
        There is a little drop down brass weight on the fuel rack that is iirc lifted to aid starting and should drop out of engagement once the engine starts and the rack moves.

it sounds as though perhaps yours is jammed in the raised position? I had to remake mine as it was so badly worn, a relatively simple milling job once you’ve discovered what the fault is
        know the one you mean ..... see if I can get a pic tomorrow ... also has an adjuster bolt in it which limits 'full throttle' in normal use ... with that stuck up she'd black smoke alright
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X