Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ciaran with a pel job of some sort

Hi all
    Im a new member and have recently gotten a 95 pel job 1.5 tonne mini digger not sure of the model think it could be an early 12.4b or 246 with front controls .. it has seen better days to be fair tho....
    I'm a carpenter by trade and not familiar with mechanics at all really but need to landscape my garden and clear around my fathers ground and the in laws so ended up with a digger to try and get familiar with
    I worked on a dairy farm growing up and occasionally drove their Massey 50hx rubber tyre but that's probably the extent of my experience.
    Ideally I would like to get this machine to in a better shape than it is now it needs the door on the cab sorting and glass on the side of the cab
    It has a switch control to move the boom at the knuckle this seems to take notions when it will work or not it did have a diesel leak but I changed the pipes from the tank to the injectors and this seems t have helped a fair bit so there is a long list

I would appreciate any help or advice anyone can help with
    To begin with my main priority to sort out is the safety lever to stop the machine slewing. It is located between the drive levers and seems to have been cut off !! What's left doesn't do anything so I'd like to have it sorted before I even think about the rest

Thanks
    Ciaran

welcome Ciaran .... some pix will help, but needs 5 posts .. unless Muz gives you access for posting them, early ...
    not familiar with the model
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

The plate in the front if the machine is scraped so where it says type it says 24? The last digit has been damaged so hot sure of the model
      However the serial number if the machine begins with 246 so I'm thinking that may be the model number

Comment

Do these replays counts posts? Be good to ger some pics up someone has previously painted the machine from it's original orange and white to yellow and black terrible job on that front too

Comment

A hearty Welcome there nailbender........................................ ..........the controls will be different to the HX but if you were able to scratch and level with the Fergie you will pick up the 360 handy enough............................................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Slew lock was never required on those machines .. if the engine wasnt running .. it never moved much? welcome BTW Edit .. but some times .. my self drive punters ed about with the pin because they thought they were smart and dropped it down outside the lock position which totally fecked the machine slew and buggered the machine until some one noticed it
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Nailbender that's a new one like it tho and quite accurate 🤠..
              Been messing about with it a bit but nothing extravagant gonna wait til after the holidays to start some serious wrecking
              I'm wondering now if the slew lock pin has been pushed into the locked position now. I will have to sort something as it is too dangerous jumping in an out when the machine is running will almost certainly lead to something going wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Am I able to post pictures of it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Originally posted by ciarany23 View Post
                Been messing about with it a bit but nothing extravagant gonna wait til after the holidays to start some serious wrecking
                I'm wondering now if the slew lock pin has been pushed into the locked position now. I will have to sort something as it is too dangerous jumping in an out when the machine is running will almost certainly lead to something going wrong

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

should be able to load pix now Boyo ..... as for the slew lock and jumping on/off ... there should be a dead man lever that will lock the hydraulics out, for when you're getting on/off/leaving it unattended ??? ........ unless it predates dead man systems ?
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Do these replays counts posts? Be good to ger some pics up someone has previously painted the machine from it's original orange and white to yellow and black terrible job on that front too
                  they sure do

Comment

We'll patition the great Muz to change your handle to "Great Nailbender" seeing as you like it so much.

As the druid said there should be a dead man on it ...............if I recall does the left arm not raise or has it a lever ................................
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Will have to get a look at it in daylight not sure if the left arm raises from what u can gather there should be a lever will load a pic of the controls when I get a chance see what you lot think

Comment

I cant see anywhere to attach a picture any advice

Comment

scroll down in the posting box to "manage attachments" ... click on that and a window'll open up to either upload or drag/drop atts ..... then insert as required
                          you'll get the hang of it .... eventually

Comment

IMG_5546.jpg

Comment

Cant see an option for it at all i have is submit reply or preview post then additional options below that noting at all for attachments

Comment

Working...
                              X