Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcb 8018 help needed to pipe up for breaker

Hi all

I've got a 2005 job 8018 which I need to fit a breaker too.
    It has the pedal for aux but I had a look earlier at the pedal and there is no rod on it compared to the other pedal.
    I'm planning on using the rod from.the other pedal as I don't use it but really need help installing the pipe work.

Any advice is appreciated
    Thanks

Originally posted by Hex123 View Post
    Hi all

I've got a 2005 job 8018 which I need to fit a breaker too.
    It has the pedal for aux but I had a look earlier at the pedal and there is no rod on it compared to the other pedal.
    I'm planning on using the rod from.the other pedal as I don't use it but really need help installing the pipe work.

Any advice is appreciated
    Thanks
    Is the other pedal for off set ?

Do you have the valve section in the block for the aux service, and its just a case of connecting it up ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Is the other pedal for off set ?

Do you have the valve section in the block for the aux service, and its just a case of connecting it up ?

Hi Muz

The other pedal is for moving the dipper arm left and right (probably what you said) I've not looked at anything all I've don't so far is taken the side panels off that's when I saw the gas struts so at the weekend I'm going to lift the cab back. Hopefully revealing the valve block.

I'm hoping it is a case of just connecting some pipes. I was going to go to my local hose maker and just get them to make some up and then I'll strap the to the arm while the breaker is on then take them off.

Comment

Hi Muz

The other pedal is for moving the dipper arm left and right (probably what you said) I've not looked at anything all I've don't so far is taken the side panels off that's when I saw the gas struts so at the weekend I'm going to lift the cab back. Hopefully revealing the valve block.

I'm hoping it is a case of just connecting some pipes. I was going to go to my local hose maker and just get them to make some up and then I'll strap the to the arm while the breaker is on then take them off.

Ok Wee Jim might be better placed to comment .. I suspect the slice is there in the block for the aux .. but dont get yout hopes up knowing how shitty tight JCB build their stuff ..
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ok Wee Jim might be better placed to comment .. I suspect the slice is there in the block for the aux .. but dont get yout hopes up knowing how shitty tight JCB build their stuff ..
          I'll try and get some pictures when I tilt the cab at the weekend. I'd have thought it would be there as the pedal is there strange the rod is missing though. What about connecting it to the other pedal ?

Comment

I'll try and get some pictures when I tilt the cab at the weekend. I'd have thought it would be there as the pedal is there strange the rod is missing though. What about connecting it to the other pedal ?
            Update.

I've lifted the cab and the pedal that I thought was seized has a metal locking plate. Where the rod should go to is moving and on turn moving another arm on the valve block. All looking good so far. On the valve block It has 2 blanking plugs so I've took them out and can show my local hose maker what ends to put on. Hope that helps someone going through the same thing

Now I've another few questions is the auxiliary single acting? ( I believe is it and a splitter would be required for say a tilt bucket). The next is which is the flow line and return line.

Comment

Update.

I've lifted the cab and the pedal that I thought was seized has a metal locking plate. Where the rod should go to is moving and on turn moving another arm on the valve block. All looking good so far. On the valve block It has 2 blanking plugs so I've took them out and can show my local hose maker what ends to put on. Hope that helps someone going through the same thing

Now I've another few questions is the auxiliary single acting? ( I believe is it and a splitter would be required for say a tilt bucket). The next is which is the flow line and return line.

Yeah they only work one way so it wont work a tilty bucket. I bought a tilty bucket for mine and it would tilt but wouldn’t hold it in place when you took pressure off. It didn’t bother me as i have a JCB 19-c that works it fine but would of been good to have it work on both.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                Yeah they only work one way so it wont work a tilty bucket. I bought a tilty bucket for mine and it would tilt but wouldn’t hold it in place when you took pressure off. It didn’t bother me as i have a JCB 19-c that works it fine but would of been good to have it work on both.
                use the service to feed a one way/single acting cetop 3 and change flow direction with that on a button .... pedal still controls the flow
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Right so I've now been to have pipes made up and the bloke has said that the return needs to go to the tank. Not the valve block. I've taken 2 blanks out and thought I'd just need a flow and return to that. Anyone know where to T into to get back to the tank as I'd imagine if they put a valve block on they would put somewhere for the return.

Comment

Right so I've now been to have pipes made up and the bloke has said that the return needs to go to the tank. Not the valve block. I've taken 2 blanks out and thought I'd just need a flow and return to that. Anyone know where to T into to get back to the tank as I'd imagine if they put a valve block on they would put somewhere for the return.
                    There will be a return coming from the block. Often its a different style of hose because it runs at lower pressure and is usually one with the largest bore also, if your system has an oil cooler, often the return (or part of it) will pass through that too before returning to tank, which may help you locate it. Also the setup you describe will only give you single acting one way flow just to be sure.

Comment

There will be a return coming from the block. Often its a different style of hose because it runs at lower pressure and is usually one with the largest bore also, if your system has an oil cooler, often the return (or part of it) will pass through that too before returning to tank, which may help you locate it. Also the setup you describe will only give you single acting one way flow just to be sure.
                      ...... and should be going back into the tank through the return filter
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

If it's single acting why does it have 2 blanking plugs on the valve block? Which I thought on would be flow and the other return

Comment

If it's single acting why does it have 2 blanking plugs on the valve block? Which I thought on would be flow and the other return
                          any chance of some pix of all this Boyo?
                          could well be flow and return, but only acting in one direction .. non reversible .. i.e. the flow will always be flow and the return will always be return - to the block ... can you remind me why you want a free to tank return .. are you fitting a breaker or a flail?

Comment

Hi I'll try and get some today. And it's for a breaker so only single flow needed. I thought both would just go to the valve block but my hose maker is adamant it should go to the tank

Comment

Hi I'll try and get some today. And it's for a breaker so only single flow needed. I thought both would just go to the valve block but my hose maker is adamant it should go to the tank
                              yep .... free return to tank ..... breakers do not like any back pressure

Comment

Working...
                              X