Yanmar b17 Pin sizes and Kingpost set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanmar b17 Pin sizes and Kingpost set up

Hi. I am new to the forums bu have been reading them for a few year now. I have an old ( very old) Yanmar b17-1 digger and as those who own old gear know it is almost impossible to find information a, specs and often parts for old machines. I use the digger around my small acreage here in new Zealand so it doesn't have ot be perfect. It is probably getting up to around the 8 to 10,000 hour mark. I mainly use it for lifting firewood logs and and fencing, scrub clearing and general farm work and it has let me stay on the property a lot longer after suffering a stroke about a year ago. Without it I just couldn't cope with the heavy work. Ir runs well for an old girl but planning ahead for the next 20 years here I am looking to replace all the boom pins and bushes etc and figure if I do it now we should wear out at about the same time. There is a heap of slop in all the pins but especially the king post . Finding any sort of tech specs is difficult and the Yanmar dealers are not interested. I have a parts manual but of course that only shows the part number but given the age of the beast that doesn't relate to anything online in most cases. Filters etc and a lot of the parts are generic but I would really appreciate if anyone could either provide a workshop manual or at least the pin and bush sizes as well as a drawing of how it all fits together If it comes down to it I will have to take it out of service an pull it apart and measure everything but since i don't move as well as I used to that is a major undertaking that will take me a fair bit of time but i am hoping someone can help me with the details of what I need to get so I can strip it and get it back together in less than a few weeks unfortunately the left arms doesn't work as well a it used to so pretty much doing it one handed which is fine and I can manage it and i really don't mind, lot of people are a lot worse off so I am not complaining but if ya don't ask for help when you need it you don't get help . The King post info ( specs, good pics and details of all the various bushes etc would be the biggest help the dipper and boom etc is straight forward. I will probably have to go with Asian aftermarket parts as the cost of getting bits from Europe or th US puts them way out of the question and may need to get them machined here as my resources allow

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated

I am hoping there is an old Yanmar tech out there with a good memory who can offer some advice or info

thanks Greg

Originally posted by sagamore View Post
    Hi. I am new to the forums bu have been reading them for a few year now. I have an old ( very old) Yanmar b17-1 digger and as those who own old gear know it is almost impossible to find information a, specs and often parts for old machines. I use the digger around my small acreage here in new Zealand so it doesn't have ot be perfect. It is probably getting up to around the 8 to 10,000 hour mark. I mainly use it for lifting firewood logs and and fencing, scrub clearing and general farm work and it has let me stay on the property a lot longer after suffering a stroke about a year ago. Without it I just couldn't cope with the heavy work. Ir runs well for an old girl but planning ahead for the next 20 years here I am looking to replace all the boom pins and bushes etc and figure if I do it now we should wear out at about the same time. There is a heap of slop in all the pins but especially the king post . Finding any sort of tech specs is difficult and the Yanmar dealers are not interested. I have a parts manual but of course that only shows the part number but given the age of the beast that doesn't relate to anything online in most cases. Filters etc and a lot of the parts are generic but I would really appreciate if anyone could either provide a workshop manual or at least the pin and bush sizes as well as a drawing of how it all fits together If it comes down to it I will have to take it out of service an pull it apart and measure everything but since i don't move as well as I used to that is a major undertaking that will take me a fair bit of time but i am hoping someone can help me with the details of what I need to get so I can strip it and get it back together in less than a few weeks unfortunately the left arms doesn't work as well a it used to so pretty much doing it one handed which is fine and I can manage it and i really don't mind, lot of people are a lot worse off so I am not complaining but if ya don't ask for help when you need it you don't get help . The King post info ( specs, good pics and details of all the various bushes etc would be the biggest help the dipper and boom etc is straight forward. I will probably have to go with Asian aftermarket parts as the cost of getting bits from Europe or th US puts them way out of the question and may need to get them machined here as my resources allow

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated

I am hoping there is an old Yanmar tech out there with a good memory who can offer some advice or info

thanks Greg
    try Evans and Reid for info. .... https://www.miniexcavatorcentre.com/ ... very helpful people usually ..... and welcome Boyo
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
    X