Thread: Jcb 801.4 Thread Moved

Jcb 801.4 Thread Moved

Hello, I`ve got an old 801.4 , the one with the square backside , I`ve managed to get hold of a manual but I`d like more information getting it back together and before putting it to work , so I wonder if anyone could help , please .

I`ve put new seals in the rams and found the hydraulic oil to be dark in colour so would like to drain the system and fit a new filter before refilling it . Where would I find the drain for the tank , is the filter in the main reservoir and do I need to purge the system at start up ?

Also I`d like to lubricate the swing gear , I find that there is quite a lot of " lash " when turning the cab and I presume it`s down to wear which I would like to try and prevent from getting worse , how do I get to it safely, is there access from the cab or is it elsewhere ?

Thank you for reading this post and I would greatly appreciate any help .

Regards , Steve

Welcome Steve.. Ive moved your post as you should create your own thread if you have a question
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist