Thread: EC15B exhaust mounting bolt to flywheel housing

EC15B exhaust mounting bolt to flywheel housing

Morning folks,

The exhaust mount that bolts to the flywheel housing has snapped on my EC15B. It looks like somebody has bodged it in the past as the bracket has been welded to the flywheel housing. When unscrewing the bolt that attaches the exhaust mounting bracket to the flywheel housing. The bolt was stiff to unscrew until there was a small muffled thunk from within the flywheel housing and then the bolt could be screwed out by hand. See pictures for the bolt I'm talking about.

exhaust-mount-bolt-closeup-1.jpg exhaust-mount-bolt-closeup-2.jpg exhaust-mount-bolt-wide-2.jpg

My question is, what is inside the flywheel housing that this bolt screws into that I need to worry about?

Thanks,
    Matt.
    Last edited by gardenshed; 23-03-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Qualified Brickie
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenshed View Post
    Morning folks,

The exhaust mount that bolts to the flywheel housing has snapped on my EC15B. It looks like somebody has bodged it in the past as the bracket has been welded to the flywheel housing. When unscrewing the bolt that attaches the exhaust mounting bracket to the flywheel housing. The bolt was stiff to unscrew until there was a small muffled thunk from within the flywheel housing and then the bolt could be screwed out by hand. See pictures for the bolt I'm talking about.

exhaust-mount-bolt-closeup-1.jpg exhaust-mount-bolt-closeup-2.jpg exhaust-mount-bolt-wide-2.jpg

My question is, what is inside the flywheel housing that this bolt screws into that I need to worry about?

Thanks,
    Matt.
    Hi,

I have a -15B but have never opened that bolt.

If you suspect that bolt is too long, take it out, measure the hole with a caliper to see if it hits the flywheel. If it hits the fw, install some washers to make it shorter.

stay safe

matt, Finland

They were a b?@+ard for unscrewing and rattling loose so somone may have stripped the bolt and welded on something temporarily
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist