Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Volvo did I buy

Hi all,
    Brilliant forum, hoping to learn plenty...

I bought a Volvo digger yesterday but am not sure which model it is. I've been told it's a 2011 model and is either 1.7 or 1.8 ton. It has a ¾ cab, piped for hydraulics, the tracks don't expand sadly. It didn't come with any paperwork so I've submitted a TER check just in case

I've uploaded some photos at:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/h69CTZwb29LhXgNy8

Hoping to find the correct model so I can search for the operators manual, service handbook etc. in PDF format.

Many thanks
    Brian.

Anybody?

Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Digga View Post
      Anybody?
      A Volvo dealer should be able to tell you if you can get a number from the engine or body.There is a plate on the front left of the cab , is there a serial number or something on it.

Comment

Thanks Wazza, the serial plate is missing as it's been replaced with a plate from the Plant company two owners ago. I'm wondering if they bought it as a stolen/recovered machine from a Police or Insurance type auction?

I contacted TER and paid for a certificate but they weren't sure what to do without that plate, unfortunately.

Think it's an EC15 as only the EC18 and EC20 have expanding tracks. There's a difference between the EC15 and EC17 but I've forgotten what it is now!

Need to find a Volvo dealer in the North West now...

Comment

There's a difference between the EC15 and EC17 but I've forgotten what it is now!
          Old age, it's just come back to me!
          The EC17 has two-speed tracking and mine is only single speed...

Comment

Quick update:
            I rang SMT Volvo in Warrington and gave them the engine number, they matched it to a serial number and confirmed the machine is a 2011 EC15C. TER have now confirmed that it hasn't been stolen, which I'm very relieved about.

Oh, the dealer was kind enough to send me a 148 page manual for the digger too

Comment

Quick update:
              I rang SMT Volvo in Warrington and gave them the engine number, they matched it to a serial number and confirmed the machine is a 2011 EC15C. TER have now confirmed that it hasn't been stolen, which I'm very relieved about.

Oh, the dealer was kind enough to send me a 148 page manual for the digger too
              Isnt it a nice surprise when dealers are plesant and helpfull , and it was very good of them to send you a manual as well ,bonus .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                Isnt it a nice surprise when dealers are plesant and helpfull , and it was very good of them to send you a manual as well ,bonus .
                Something not right there ? Volvo dealers dont do anything free! Good job your gear is legit .. maybe shoulda checked that first !!
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Something not right there ? Volvo dealers dont do anything free! Good job your gear is legit .. maybe shoulda checked that first !!
                  Yes true although to be honest, I had never heard of a TER check until I started searching for model numbers etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X