Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greas Ring 801.4 jcb

Hi. I need help with an old jcb 801.4.
    As you can see in the attached file, I tried to remove the lower cover, from the ground without lifting on the lift, but I didn't find any attachment to grease. Who helps me?
    ThanksScreenshot_2020-04-27 JCB 801 4 MINI EXCAVATOR Service Repair Manual SN(720001 Onwards&#6.jpg

the nipple(s) may be drilled into the side of the ring and covered with grease so you cant see them
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi,
      I have a 1996 801.4 and found the same problem. As Muz said there are grease nipples on the lower part of the body. These feed into the bearing.

It would appear from your post that you are trying to grease the gear teeth. You are correct this can only be done from below using the removable plate that you describe.

I had to carefully build a stable bench out of planks and blocks to lift the machine approximately 12 inches from the floor to gain access. Even then the gear teeth are very difficult to access unless you have very small hands. The alternative way could be to remove the slow motor from underneath the cab floor. This would expose the slew ring gear teeth. I tried this but could not remove the slow motor even when the bolts had been taken out. I didn't want to use too much force in case I damaged the old girl!
      I would be interested to know why you are greasing the gear teeth is it part of routine maintenance or do you have an issue.
      My slew motor is lacking slightly in power and makes a grinding noise when the slew is released. I have regreased the slew teeth but it has not made any difference I suspect it is the motor.

Comment

Working...
      X