Thread: Hydraulic hose fittings on different machines

New Start

Hydraulic hose fittings on different machines

Guys
    Just joined the forum, hopefully a bit of input from plant owners can help. I currently repair offshore hydraulic machinery and been doing so 20 years , before that i was an HGV and plant mech, a lot has changed since then!
    I repair hydraulic motors at home as a side job mainly thruster motors from ROV'S but i also do some timber processor saw motors (Parker voac type).
    I have got a hose crimper and a small stock of BSP , JIC and some ORFS hose ends, but i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea what the modern plant and excavators are using in terms of hydraulic hose fittings?
    It is so can can build a workable stock to cover a decent amount of common machines in use .
    any input much appreciated
    Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregrsv View Post
    Guys
    Just joined the forum, hopefully a bit of input from plant owners can help. I currently repair offshore hydraulic machinery and been doing so 20 years , before that i was an HGV and plant mech, a lot has changed since then!
    I repair hydraulic motors at home as a side job mainly thruster motors from ROV'S but i also do some timber processor saw motors (Parker voac type).
    I have got a hose crimper and a small stock of BSP , JIC and some ORFS hose ends, but i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea what the modern plant and excavators are using in terms of hydraulic hose fittings?
    It is so can can build a workable stock to cover a decent amount of common machines in use .
    any input much appreciated
    Thanks
    Greg
    Welcome Greg .. the honest answer is all of the above plus metrics and as one fitter told me a few years back 'tapered metric' also thats a lot of stock we all have to keep eh ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist