X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pel Job EB406

Hi everyone
    Hope someone can help please.

I have the above digger Ive owned for 15 years. It has had little use but will be used occasionally.

Ive recently had problems with it stalling out when I use it. It happens after I use it for a little while.

Ive changed the diesel filter, washed out the tank and the fuel pump is around 2 years old and I have cleaned out the filter in that too.Ive also checked the pipes between them and they seem ok to me.
    I thought it would have been a fuel issue only but its beyond me now so looking for some help if possible.

The second speed has also just stopped working.

It starts OK every time but after a little is stalls. It used to just start back up automatically but I have to switch it off now before it re starts.
    Any help would be grateful and thanks again for your help.

Originally posted by Joneserinio View Post
    Hi everyone
    Hope someone can help please.

I have the above digger Ive owned for 15 years. It has had little use but will be used occasionally.

Ive recently had problems with it stalling out when I use it. It happens after I use it for a little while.

Ive changed the diesel filter, washed out the tank and the fuel pump is around 2 years old and I have cleaned out the filter in that too.Ive also checked the pipes between them and they seem ok to me.
    I thought it would have been a fuel issue only but its beyond me now so looking for some help if possible.

The second speed has also just stopped working.

It starts OK every time but after a little is stalls. It used to just start back up automatically but I have to switch it off now before it re starts.
    Any help would be grateful and thanks again for your help.
    Theres an unloader valve on the pump might be stuck .. it means the swash plate is stuck on full delivery all the time which loads the engine. Or .. are any rams stuck at the end of their stroke ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Theres an unloader valve on the pump might be stuck .. it means the swash plate is stuck on full delivery all the time which loads the engine. Or .. are any rams stuck at the end of their stroke ?
      Thanks Muz

Turns out it was the fuel pump. Replaced it as I couldnt think of anything else to consider and its fine now. Gutted as I bought the pump originally from volvo

Comment

Thanks Muz

Turns out it was the fuel pump. Replaced it as I couldnt think of anything else to consider and its fine now. Gutted as I bought the pump originally from volvo
        Hmm unusual for them to fail that fast ? Drawing air in a fuel line is another problem to look out for, as part of it is under vaccuum .. just incase youve moved a pipe thats temp sorted it
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hello Muz
          My 2nd speed doesn't work anymore. It came on very briefly the other day but not worked for a while.
          Would you have any Ideas as to what might cause that.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Muz
            My 2nd speed doesn't work anymore. It came on very briefly the other day but not worked for a while.
            Would you have any Ideas as to what might cause that.

Thanks
            yep theres a solenoid on a small block usually seperate from the main one which controls dst ,.. it has probably failed, .. or its not getting power

Comment

Working...
            X