Hitachi digger white smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Kev View Post
    Never heard of that bacteria Wazza, filter will have to be changed as its paper and according to fitter If they become contaminated with water they need to be replaced. digger will run just ok in eco mode and like a pig in power mode so that makes sense of the shortage of fuel I found
    The bacteria is not at all uncommon here ,I would be a bit surprised if its rare or unheard of over there .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
      The bacteria is not at all uncommon here ,I would be a bit surprised if its rare or unheard of over there .
      Probably is here as two climates and fuel are similar Wazza, just ive never came across it or heard of it. I did take all the banjo bolts I could see out and they were all as clean as a whistle so probably tank is full of dirt/silt or possibly that bacteria. Would that bacteria be more prone to accumulating in part time or parked up machines rather than steady working machines?

Comment

Run digger all day today since working on her last wed, first half of day was light work and second half was fairly heavy digging and not a hiccup out of her unless hearing an odd miss when turning the revs up. Tried her for about 10 mins in power mode and she seemed ok. Fingers crossed she continues like this, mechanic will hopefully be out some time in next two weeks to replace primary filter unit.

Comment

Probably is here as two climates and fuel are similar Wazza, just ive never came across it or heard of it. I did take all the banjo bolts I could see out and they were all as clean as a whistle so probably tank is full of dirt/silt or possibly that bacteria. Would that bacteria be more prone to accumulating in part time or parked up machines rather than steady working machines?
          Dont think you will have a problem with this in the digger here as fuel is being used/cycled often.. Ive heard yachtsmen complain of it, as they carry 2-300 gallons at a time that doesnt get a lot os use and becomes stagnant the tanks at the pier can get contaminated also.

Of much more importance in this country is when the fuel distributers f**k up,... and put far too high a bio content in the diesel this causes premature clogging of filters particularly at lower temperatures. We had big problems with this last year at this time.
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Haven't heard of this problem here Muz as regards the bio in diesel. I ran the digger most of today as well and can report all is good so far, even the primary filter drained this morn when I turned the bleeder on. hopefully she will keep going from here. just a hydraulic leak from central area of digger, I suspect bust pipe as its everywhere but i need someone to dig while I watch as its a pressure leak and not showing while running idle. But thats a nice worry now at this stage. I might make a digger out of her yet

Comment

Just thought i would report back on what the problem was. Bottom filter was half full of water + taking in air at bleeder. The tank is probably the biggest issue as i had to blow it back with an airline and the flow still isnt great but digger has been running trouble free for 2 months now but i had to blow back the line to the tank the other day again. Looks like its a tank out job for a deep clean down the line

Comment

The tank is probably the biggest issue as i had to blow it back with an airline and the flow still isnt great but digger has been running trouble free for 2 months now but i had to blow back the line to the tank the other day again. Looks like its a tank out job for a deep clean down the line
                Not saying it is but that's the classic symptoms of the fuel bacteria blocking suction filters and lines , even here its often misdiagnosed as just a blocked suction strainer so they replace it.
                If you have had water in your fuel tank the likely hood of it is even higher ..

Comment

Your possibly very right Wazza, I suppose I wont know until it reoccurs or tank comes out. Digger was a hand me down from another company quarry I haven't talked to anyone from that branch to confirm if there was any issues with fuel before.

Comment

Working...
                  X