Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota Mini Digger KX-2

Good Afternoon All,

I am new to the forum so please bare with me if I make mistakes.

I have an old KX71-2 and it is a very useful tool on our farm. I am very keen to work away at it and carry out a good overhaul.

It has a couple of problems that so far have defeated me. No 1 is when it gets hot after a period of work the Joy Sticks stop working.
    After giving it a break they come back on again after restart. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution to it. No 2 is a leaking
    injector pump with fuel going into the engine oil. This could just be needing a seal kit. Is this a straight forward job and beyond a farmer
    mechanic?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Chris

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Good Afternoon All,

I am new to the forum so please bare with me if I make mistakes.

I have an old KX71-2 and it is a very useful tool on our farm. I am very keen to work away at it and carry out a good overhaul.

It has a couple of problems that so far have defeated me. No 1 is when it gets hot after a period of work the Joy Sticks stop working.
    After giving it a break they come back on again after restart. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution to it. No 2 is a leaking
    injector pump with fuel going into the engine oil. This could just be needing a seal kit. Is this a straight forward job and beyond a farmer
    mechanic?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Chris
    Hi Chris welcome those engines are pretty bullet proof .. I take it you can smell the diesel in the engine oil ? .. the pump has a contnuous cycle back to tank if the engine runs ok,its not from the high pressure side then ... there must be something more serious allowing fuel out, probably from the leak off side, but I cant suggest where as in all my days Ive never seen one of them do that ?

As to the joy sticks, there may be a filter for the pilot circuit somewhere thats blocked, I think that series (could be wrong) used a separate pump for the pilot circuit too
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X