pel job eb 25.4 wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pel job eb 25.4 wiring diagrams

Here are, for anyone who needs them, all the wiring diagrams I have for the "PUMA" and "non PUMA" variants of the EB25.4 pel job.

If anyone has any hydraulic testing info regarding this machine I would be very grateful am sure I have a problem with the middle stage of the triple stage pump. Spoke to John Bell, a great guy and can get a replacement for £600 but want to be sure it is definitely the pump first....suppose I could just change the outlets around but was hoping for something a bit more precise.....

Cheers
    Hank.

This is just to check your own version so that hopefully I don't impinge any copyright rules.....if anyone knows any different please let me know....
    Attached Files

Very good of you to share Hank .
    This is the main reason Muz started the forum . To share the info and tricks of the trade .

Comment

Originally posted by Hankstains View Post
      Here are, for anyone who needs them, all the wiring diagrams I have for the "PUMA" and "non PUMA" variants of the EB25.4 pel job.
      Good post Hank,.. Thank you .. lot of bed time reading in there

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Very good of you to share Hank .
      This is the main reason Muz started the forum . To share the info and tricks of the trade .
      Spot on mate
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

always a pleasure

any thoughts on the hydraulic problem.......

Comment

Spoke to John Bell, a great guy and can get a replacement for £600 but want to be sure it is definitely the pump first..
          John getting a bit grumpy (hello john ) but he a legend

any thoughts on the hydraulic problem.......
          Well Hank... in the absence of my crystal ball .. and I dont check every thread .. what 'is' the problem ? if its a triple section gear pump thats no big deal to be honest .. quite often , one bank does wear faster than others
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

JB is a legend.....has a great outlook on life which he was very keen to share...!!nice guy.

problem is right track and dipper have no real power when operated individually, eg the right track will move about 4 inches then stop but if you start the left track as well they will both move off..same with the dipper, if you try and lift the machine up with just the dipper it will raise about 4 inches then stop, but if you open the bucket at the same time the dipper then flys the machine up....it seems like the dipper and track which are the two things on the middles section of the pump don't work so well when used in isolation but work fine when something else is used so it seems that another section of the pump is pressurising the spool....if that makes sense?? then it works perfectly.....
            as such the machine works great because it is very rare that you only use one thing at a time but it does seem to reduce the power a bit.

also, not related but very annoying, is there any way to test the two speed tarcking as the switch does nothing.....could it be as simple as a fuse???? thought i'd ask before diving in!!

cheers

Comment

Earning my rights to download

Hi there!
              Just registred to your excellent page from Sweden. As a proud owner of a Pel-Job EB25.4 (1995), I too am struggling to find specs and trix regarding this machine. Reading your page I found the link to the wiring diagram which I would very much like to see.
              Since I am no expert and this excavator is my first buy - I very much rely on manuals (which I don't have) and in this case a solid, truthful wiring diagram to try n figure something out..
              Last year the swing motor in the machine was renovated - that was cheap (not - 2000 Euro), so hope that piece will stay healthy now. The swivel engine has some leaks, the 3 pumps too, but overall the excavator is pretty mint.
              Hoping to share some experiences with you all when need be.

Take Care!
              MasterPH

Comment

JB is a legend.....has a great outlook on life which he was very keen to share...!!nice guy.

problem is right track and dipper have no real power when operated individually, eg the right track will move about 4 inches then stop but if you start the left track as well they will both move off..same with the dipper, if you try and lift the machine up with just the dipper it will raise about 4 inches then stop, but if you open the bucket at the same time the dipper then flys

So apart from pump wear all this can be (and it might be as simple as this) is the main relief valve needs adjusting on that circuit , so you would need to check that circuit pressure with a guage to know what its doing ? and compare with workshop manual .. 20 Bar would make a big difference if its out by that even

is there any way to test the two speed tarcking as the switch does nothing.....could it be as simple as a fuse???? thought i'd ask before diving in!!

cheers
                Thats usually controlled by a solenoid that pulls in an extra flow to the drive circuit, often the solenoid fails and results in what youve experienced, dont know where it is on that machine , you'll have to check the schematics, but they can overheat/melt etc, it will be mounted on a spool block either separate or attached to the main .. if you can identify the feeds to the motors, you should be able to track it back although thats sometimes easier said than done

Comment

On my machine, there 'should' be slow and fast speed as well. I have an unlabeled switch on the left side control panel (by the lamp switch), that I guess indicates fast speed. But as Hankstains point out, flipping this switch does nothing... Maybe tracks on my machine are too tight? Could that be an issue, if your tracks are too tight then the machine can't do fast speed? I don't know if that makes sense..? Does it?
                  Muz - Thanks for your insights, even though I don't understand half of it.. ;-) Then again, I generally take small steps here, trying to distinguish grain from corn...
                  Thanks for all input! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Thats usually controlled by a solenoid that pulls in an extra flow to the drive circuit, often the solenoid fails and results in what youve experienced, dont know where it is on that machine , you'll have to check the schematics, but they can overheat/melt etc, it will be mounted on a spool block either separate or attached to the main .. if you can identify the feeds to the motors, you should be able to track it back although thats sometimes easier said than done
                    Assuming you have checked all the other items, such as fuses and the switch is powered

Originally posted by MasterPH View Post
                    Maybe tracks on my machine are too tight?
                    No

One other thing that did happen though, was the dead mans circuit on some machines and the boom offset valves were also solenoid operated/controlled, by the same unit that controlled double speed travel so it wasnt unusual in an emergency to use the double speed travel one and swap it for the other ones particularly the dead mans one, as the whole machine was u/s without it

Comment

"BOOM" and Hydraulic circuits

Some good info there Muz, something to try when it is is a little less freezing.....still need to find the pressure values for the relief valves.

Have bought me one of those pressure testers you recommended a while ago on a rebuild project for someone so am all set to go just need some numbers.....

As an aside which might be a part of the same problem, if I turn the machine off and leave the boom/dipper up after a few moments it starts to drop by itself with a little "creak" every ten seconds or so until after a short while it hits the deck. I was using it to lift some roof trusses up yesterday and noticed it even did it a little bit with the engine running, so after 5 mins the fully extended boom would drop 6 inches or so.....with the engine running....any thoughts....

cheers

Hank

I have the hydraulic diagrams for these machines (no numbers just circuits) if anyone is interested.

Comment

Some good info there Muz, something to try when it is is a little less freezing.....still need to find the pressure values for the relief valves.

Have bought me one of those pressure testers you recommended a while ago on a rebuild project for someone so am all set to go just need some numbers.....

As an aside which might be a part of the same problem, if I turn the machine off and leave the boom/dipper up after a few moments it starts to drop by itself with a little "creak" every ten seconds or so until after a short while it hits the deck. I was using it to lift some roof trusses up yesterday and noticed it even did it a little bit with the engine running, so after 5 mins the fully extended boom would drop 6 inches or so.....with the engine running....any thoughts....

cheers

Hank

I have the hydraulic diagrams for these machines (no numbers just circuits) if anyone is interested.
                        Just be oil bypassing the seals in the ram or a leaky spool valve, more usually the ram. Not unusual in those makes,... as the rams were pretty shitty compared to other makes .. smaller plungers / poorer quality seals etc... theres a test to determine the culprit .. rest the boom on a 45 gallon drum... engine off... connect the in to the 'out' on the ram and whip the drum away.. if she drops.. its the seals in the ram at fault

Comment

where can I buy 45 gallons of oil??

Thanks for that Muz, does make sense, just need to go and buy 45 gallons of oil now to try it.....any idea on a usable number for the relief valve on the eb25 or do I need an exact value?

cheers

hank

Comment

Thanks for that Muz, does make sense, just need to go and buy 45 gallons of oil now to try it.....any idea on a usable number for the relief valve on the eb25 or do I need an exact value?

cheers

hank
                            Doesn't need to be an oil drum ! any support will do .. and the MRV's usually need to be within a few Bar of the set value for normal operation, so if it was 200 bar for example being 10 out would make quite a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Assuming you have checked all the other items, such as fuses and the switch is powered

No

One other thing that did happen though, was the dead mans circuit on some machines and the boom offset valves were also solenoid operated/controlled, by the same unit that controlled double speed travel so it wasnt unusual in an emergency to use the double speed travel one and swap it for the other ones particularly the dead mans one, as the whole machine was u/s without it
                              Sorry for late response, busy week.. Well ok, good to know that tension of the tracks will not impact slow/fast speed, kinda thought so but you never know...
                              I haven't checked anything yet since no schematics are avaiable for my machine, which is a pain. And I am new to this, trying to learn as best I can.

Thank you all for your input on the subject, I am reading/trying to make sense of it all.

When I earn more privilegies on this page - I can share with you the spare part catalogue for the Mitsubishi S3L2 engine, if anyone needs it.
                              There's also a vendor in Sweden where you can buy spare parts for this engine, https://www.dpower.se/en/
                              I am about to order a diesel pump from this place, what I heard so far they are legit, no problems. They do support Mitsubishi engines too, even if they don't say so on their
                              website. (I've been in contact with them).

Comment

Working...
                              X