Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pel job eb 25.4 wiring diagrams

pel job eb 25.4 wiring diagrams

Here are, for anyone who needs them, all the wiring diagrams I have for the "PUMA" and "non PUMA" variants of the EB25.4 pel job.

If anyone has any hydraulic testing info regarding this machine I would be very grateful am sure I have a problem with the middle stage of the triple stage pump. Spoke to John Bell, a great guy and can get a replacement for 600 but want to be sure it is definitely the pump first....suppose I could just change the outlets around but was hoping for something a bit more precise.....

Cheers
    Hank.

This is just to check your own version so that hopefully I don't impinge any copyright rules.....if anyone knows any different please let me know....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quantity Surveyor on the up ianoz's Avatar
    Very good of you to share Hank .
    This is the main reason Muz started the forum . To share the info and tricks of the trade .

Quote Originally Posted by Hankstains View Post
    Here are, for anyone who needs them, all the wiring diagrams I have for the "PUMA" and "non PUMA" variants of the EB25.4 pel job.
    Good post Hank,.. Thank you .. lot of bed time reading in there

Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    Very good of you to share Hank .
    This is the main reason Muz started the forum . To share the info and tricks of the trade .
    Spot on mate
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

always a pleasure

any thoughts on the hydraulic problem.......

Spoke to John Bell, a great guy and can get a replacement for 600 but want to be sure it is definitely the pump first..
    John getting a bit grumpy (hello john ) but he a legend

any thoughts on the hydraulic problem.......
    Well Hank... in the absence of my crystal ball .. and I dont check every thread .. what 'is' the problem ? if its a triple section gear pump thats no big deal to be honest .. quite often , one bank does wear faster than others
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

JB is a legend.....has a great outlook on life which he was very keen to share...!!nice guy.

problem is right track and dipper have no real power when operated individually, eg the right track will move about 4 inches then stop but if you start the left track as well they will both move off..same with the dipper, if you try and lift the machine up with just the dipper it will raise about 4 inches then stop, but if you open the bucket at the same time the dipper then flys the machine up....it seems like the dipper and track which are the two things on the middles section of the pump don't work so well when used in isolation but work fine when something else is used so it seems that another section of the pump is pressurising the spool....if that makes sense?? then it works perfectly.....
    as such the machine works great because it is very rare that you only use one thing at a time but it does seem to reduce the power a bit.

also, not related but very annoying, is there any way to test the two speed tarcking as the switch does nothing.....could it be as simple as a fuse???? thought i'd ask before diving in!!

cheers

Earning my rights to download

Hi there!
    Just registred to your excellent page from Sweden. As a proud owner of a Pel-Job EB25.4 (1995), I too am struggling to find specs and trix regarding this machine. Reading your page I found the link to the wiring diagram which I would very much like to see.
    Since I am no expert and this excavator is my first buy - I very much rely on manuals (which I don't have) and in this case a solid, truthful wiring diagram to try n figure something out..
    Last year the swing motor in the machine was renovated - that was cheap (not - 2000 Euro), so hope that piece will stay healthy now. The swivel engine has some leaks, the 3 pumps too, but overall the excavator is pretty mint.
    Hoping to share some experiences with you all when need be.

Take Care!
    MasterPH

JB is a legend.....has a great outlook on life which he was very keen to share...!!nice guy.

problem is right track and dipper have no real power when operated individually, eg the right track will move about 4 inches then stop but if you start the left track as well they will both move off..same with the dipper, if you try and lift the machine up with just the dipper it will raise about 4 inches then stop, but if you open the bucket at the same time the dipper then flys

So apart from pump wear all this can be (and it might be as simple as this) is the main relief valve needs adjusting on that circuit , so you would need to check that circuit pressure with a guage to know what its doing ? and compare with workshop manual .. 20 Bar would make a big difference if its out by that even

is there any way to test the two speed tarcking as the switch does nothing.....could it be as simple as a fuse???? thought i'd ask before diving in!!

cheers
    Thats usually controlled by a solenoid that pulls in an extra flow to the drive circuit, often the solenoid fails and results in what youve experienced, dont know where it is on that machine , you'll have to check the schematics, but they can overheat/melt etc, it will be mounted on a spool block either separate or attached to the main .. if you can identify the feeds to the motors, you should be able to track it back although thats sometimes easier said than done

On my machine, there 'should' be slow and fast speed as well. I have an unlabeled switch on the left side control panel (by the lamp switch), that I guess indicates fast speed. But as Hankstains point out, flipping this switch does nothing... Maybe tracks on my machine are too tight? Could that be an issue, if your tracks are too tight then the machine can't do fast speed? I don't know if that makes sense..? Does it?
    Muz - Thanks for your insights, even though I don't understand half of it.. ;-) Then again, I generally take small steps here, trying to distinguish grain from corn...
    Thanks for all input! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Thats usually controlled by a solenoid that pulls in an extra flow to the drive circuit, often the solenoid fails and results in what youve experienced, dont know where it is on that machine , you'll have to check the schematics, but they can overheat/melt etc, it will be mounted on a spool block either separate or attached to the main .. if you can identify the feeds to the motors, you should be able to track it back although thats sometimes easier said than done
    Assuming you have checked all the other items, such as fuses and the switch is powered

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPH View Post
    Maybe tracks on my machine are too tight?
    No

One other thing that did happen though, was the dead mans circuit on some machines and the boom offset valves were also solenoid operated/controlled, by the same unit that controlled double speed travel so it wasnt unusual in an emergency to use the double speed travel one and swap it for the other ones particularly the dead mans one, as the whole machine was u/s without it