Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pel job eb 25.4 wiring diagrams

"BOOM" and Hydraulic circuits

Some good info there Muz, something to try when it is is a little less freezing.....still need to find the pressure values for the relief valves.

Have bought me one of those pressure testers you recommended a while ago on a rebuild project for someone so am all set to go just need some numbers.....

As an aside which might be a part of the same problem, if I turn the machine off and leave the boom/dipper up after a few moments it starts to drop by itself with a little "creak" every ten seconds or so until after a short while it hits the deck. I was using it to lift some roof trusses up yesterday and noticed it even did it a little bit with the engine running, so after 5 mins the fully extended boom would drop 6 inches or so.....with the engine running....any thoughts....

cheers

Hank

I have the hydraulic diagrams for these machines (no numbers just circuits) if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankstains View Post
    Some good info there Muz, something to try when it is is a little less freezing.....still need to find the pressure values for the relief valves.

Have bought me one of those pressure testers you recommended a while ago on a rebuild project for someone so am all set to go just need some numbers.....

As an aside which might be a part of the same problem, if I turn the machine off and leave the boom/dipper up after a few moments it starts to drop by itself with a little "creak" every ten seconds or so until after a short while it hits the deck. I was using it to lift some roof trusses up yesterday and noticed it even did it a little bit with the engine running, so after 5 mins the fully extended boom would drop 6 inches or so.....with the engine running....any thoughts....

cheers

Hank

I have the hydraulic diagrams for these machines (no numbers just circuits) if anyone is interested.
    Just be oil bypassing the seals in the ram or a leaky spool valve, more usually the ram. Not unusual in those makes,... as the rams were pretty shitty compared to other makes .. smaller plungers / poorer quality seals etc... theres a test to determine the culprit .. rest the boom on a 45 gallon drum... engine off... connect the in to the 'out' on the ram and whip the drum away.. if she drops.. its the seals in the ram at fault
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

where can I buy 45 gallons of oil??

Thanks for that Muz, does make sense, just need to go and buy 45 gallons of oil now to try it.....any idea on a usable number for the relief valve on the eb25 or do I need an exact value?

cheers

hank

Thanks for that Muz, does make sense, just need to go and buy 45 gallons of oil now to try it.....any idea on a usable number for the relief valve on the eb25 or do I need an exact value?

cheers

hank
    Doesn't need to be an oil drum ! any support will do .. and the MRV's usually need to be within a few Bar of the set value for normal operation, so if it was 200 bar for example being 10 out would make quite a difference
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Assuming you have checked all the other items, such as fuses and the switch is powered

No

One other thing that did happen though, was the dead mans circuit on some machines and the boom offset valves were also solenoid operated/controlled, by the same unit that controlled double speed travel so it wasnt unusual in an emergency to use the double speed travel one and swap it for the other ones particularly the dead mans one, as the whole machine was u/s without it
    Sorry for late response, busy week.. Well ok, good to know that tension of the tracks will not impact slow/fast speed, kinda thought so but you never know...
    I haven't checked anything yet since no schematics are avaiable for my machine, which is a pain. And I am new to this, trying to learn as best I can.

Thank you all for your input on the subject, I am reading/trying to make sense of it all.

When I earn more privilegies on this page - I can share with you the spare part catalogue for the Mitsubishi S3L2 engine, if anyone needs it.
    There's also a vendor in Sweden where you can buy spare parts for this engine, https://www.dpower.se/en/
    I am about to order a diesel pump from this place, what I heard so far they are legit, no problems. They do support Mitsubishi engines too, even if they don't say so on their
    website. (I've been in contact with them).

cheers

Hank

Hi Hank!
    Oh yes please, if you can share diagrams etc for this machine it is highly appreciated! Cheers!