Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 8014 service procedures - need help

Gentlemen,
    I am struggling with servicing my JCB 8014 and I need some advice. I changed oil in Track Gearbox (both sides) and put Hypoid Gear Oil EP90 GL-5 API, but reading JCB User Book I learned that they recommend SAE 30 HD Mineral Engine Oil Heavy Duty Engine Oil ??? This is strange, because I always thought that any gear mechanism would prefer Gear Oil not Engine Oil. Anyway, following the book I replaced gear oil with recommended engine oil.
    The Service Book does not show how to grease Track Idler Wheels and Track Rollers ? Both need Gear Oil HD90 GL-5. I tried to search the net hoping to get some info regarding the above, but no joy. JBC web site is complete rubbish ! No technical support what so ever. They don’t even have service manual for download. So, I am hoping that someone here will be willing to share his knowledge. Especially greasing procedures : Track Idler, Slew Ring Bearing, Slew Ring Gear Teeth (this need “Special Slew Pinion Grease” but there is not technical spec of the product?)
    Thanks for reading.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Goodwill Man View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I am struggling with servicing my JCB 8014 and I need some advice. I changed oil in Track Gearbox (both sides) and put Hypoid Gear Oil EP90 GL-5 API, but reading JCB User Book I learned that they recommend SAE 30 HD Mineral Engine Oil Heavy Duty Engine Oil ??? This is strange, because I always thought that any gear mechanism would prefer Gear Oil not Engine Oil. Anyway, following the book I replaced gear oil with recommended engine oil.
    The Service Book does not show how to grease Track Idler Wheels and Track Rollers ? Both need Gear Oil HD90 GL-5. I tried to search the net hoping to get some info regarding the above, but no joy. JBC web site is complete rubbish ! No technical support what so ever. They don’t even have service manual for download. So, I am hoping that someone here will be willing to share his knowledge. Especially greasing procedures : Track Idler, Slew Ring Bearing, Slew Ring Gear Teeth (this need “Special Slew Pinion Grease” but there is not technical spec of the product?)
    Thanks for reading.
    I agree , I've never seen anything but gear oil in a final drive either, but then I am old skool ! As to the rollers and idlers, they are 'sealed for life' units .. 'life' can vary hugely depending on the manufacturer, but once they start to leak they are generally shot, and not worth repairing
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X