Consultation for HGV test exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consultation for HGV test exemptions

I see the DfT are thinking of bringing in tests for previously exempt vehicles including 'specials' & construction plant :o .. now that would be a nightmare

More here .. http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/ope ... xemptions/ .. So a Wheeled excavator be it 360 or 180 would then need tested ..and probably require upgrading of some features to be compliant, meaning its going to cost more to buy of course :roll:

Re: Consultation for HGV test exemptions

Actually .. I've wondered how 40 tonne cranes havent actually needed some form of road worthyness before now

Comment

That quite ironic for cranes, they are hugely tested for everything, given the potential for lifting accidents, they go through some of the most strict tests of all plant

Comment

Yeah I need to read the docs .. the implications for mobile plant are massive .. JCB's .. Dumpers.. Road rollers ..for example .. all of which currently need full licence plates for road use .. then theres the other chestnut of RED/WHITE diesel :shock: It gets worse

Comment

I see red diesels been wiped out for boats :(
          Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Kev
            I see red diesels been wiped out for boats :(
            Yeah .. its use for private propulsion thats now banned .. they can still use it for heat though, and as always, the commercial guys are still ok IIRC they have to submit a claim for rebate of the extr tax though

*edit*

This is actually an interesting topic because in actual fact rebated fuel (red diesel) was always only invented for farmers, and the revenue are merely seeking to claw as much tax back from non agri use as possible

Comment

So do you think red diesel will get wiped out for road going construction plant ?
              I Pull for a living

Comment

Working...
              X