Angle blades for mini excavators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle blades for mini excavators

I scanned a couple pages from some brochures that I had sitting in my magazine pile. What do you guys think about being able to angle the little blade on a mini-excavator?
    Attached Files

Here's one that didn't upload.
    Attached Files

Comment

I honestly don't see the point. perhaps a Tiltblade would have more uses but angle blade just seems like a Fad thing. You can't significantly level yourself out on it. I rarely use the blade anyway as I tend to be in spaces where you can barely slew round. I must say a six way blade on our 6 tonner would be useful for making tracks in and out but that's about it.
      http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Doesent seem like we have these in the Euro markets ? Ive never seen one ? and personally, its not a part of the machine I use a lot anyway. I find I can get a better result faster with the bucket, because in many ways the track frame is too short to use the blade effectively, certainly on smaller units, I find they become more effective on bigger machines from about 4 tonne up IMO

Comment

I find my blade the most useful tool when leveling, back blading is a great way to get a level. The option to be able to push the excess to one side would be a huge advantage.

Comment

Yeah I use them pretty frequently too and despite the extra cost I think it'll give a machine added versatility.

Comment

Myself , i have very little knowledge of small /medium excavators .......... but
              When the only thing you have is a six way blade with the skill and experience to use it
              it become,s a very useful tool and will surprise people with what in the right hands it can do
              I would guess to have the right person at the controls of a small excavator equipped with one ,who can see the potential in having such an addition to there machine will use it to enhance their skills
              And if the time ever came to jump on a dozer , they would have some degree of understanding as how to use such a machine
              The next big question would be ................ What is the price

Regards
              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Local diggers View Post
                , back blading is a great way to get a level.
                I agree, but relative to what ? ..... Which was the point Dan was making I think ?, to achieve a level to fit with the surrounding area the bucket would be quicker, as the blade just gives you a finish, only as good as the ground, if its relatively level that you are tracking over, but the tracks will usually leave an indentation too that will have to be removed, unless its small stone or type one you are working with, and if the machine is a larger one then yes I agree a back blade can make a nice job, as the weight of the machine 'floats' on the material gathered underneath the blade, as it spreads it out

I wonder if the angled blades wont work on smaller machines as they (machines) dont have enough 'contact ' and weight on the ground to maintain a straight direction against the opposite angular force from the blade ?
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I can see the Advantages of a Six way blade peter. Paticularly on a 5 or 6 tonner it would be a very useful combination.

But a Angle dozer? I just can't understand how It would be a Advantage to me in everyday use, The only thing it seems useful for is backfilling and tbh I can do that in the same footprint as I have dug the trench using the knuckle/wall dig and slew in combination (much to my previous bosses disgust "you don't need that, never had it on a Hymac" lol)

I would very much like to try a six way blade on a 6 ton bobcat.
                  http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

The six-way blades are only on a limited number of machines. Bobcat at least over here has it on probably the largest assortment of machines, but most only have it on they're 3 tonne - 5 tonne machines. It would be nice to have that option available on machines from 3 tonne to even 20 tonne. I have a friend with a Kobelco ED180 Bladerunner and it has a beefed up undercarriage for doing more serious dozer work, he's had that machine since 2000 and says he uses the blade quite frequently and it eliminated having to hire a dozer for a lot of his jobs. I could see myself using it on a small machine like a 3 tonne or five tonne for spreading out gravel for driveway or even patio work or even topsoil for landscaping work. But then again we do have those wide open spaces, it would be nice to hear from our friends in the land of Oz on what they think. If I ever get the chance maybe I'll have a go with that 5.5 tonner and make a video.

Comment

I don't know if it was a weakness in this one machine ,but guy here had a komatsu pc60 . As well as normal trenching work ,he Used it to level blocks out{dig and push out } After about the third time it destroyed the drives he would not use the blade for anything more than brushing a bit of loose dirt .
                      When he complained to Komatsu about it ,he reckoned they said ,its not a bulldozer ,don't use it as one .

Comment

Well I'd certainly like to try it on a machine .. Im all for innovation .. and the more revenue that can be gained from a hire machine the better .. which is a trade off for cost ofcourse .. now we need some suppliers to give us professional gents, a digger to evaluate ..
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I daresay it would come in handy working on uneven ground to level the machine up when digging .

Comment

I could see it being useful for light fluffy martial but when you get something that looks the part and cost a fair bit more than the base machine you will tend to use it more therefore putting a lot of strain on the tracks and finals
                            If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

I wouldn't use it for heavy dozing by any means, but certainly would come in handy after backfilling a basement or a trench in a tight corner, could probably work pretty good trimming and levelling things. It would be nice if they overbuilt the final drives and undercarriage for heavier work like what Kobelco did for their Bladerunner series. Nice to see you on the friendlier forum Mogman hope you post some pictures of your Unimog I've only seen one once here in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X