Generic Parts Commonality and cross matching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic Parts Commonality and cross matching

I have found, as many of you will have that the same parts get used in a lot of different applications .. I was wondering if there was some way we could list (if any one can be bothered) of known cross matches for peoples convenience.

The importance of this is that, quite often Ive found the same part at half the price, from a different supplier, a classic example being a glow plug for a Mitsubishi K4N diesel

This engine is/was fitted to Volvo EC45 diggers. Its also fitted to a range of forklift trucks as dealt with by this company

http://www.grayforklift.com/

Now if you phone up grays they will sell you the correct glow plug for about £9.50 .. phone up Volvo and they will charge you £22.50 for the same plug

The trouble with Volvo is that they do not mark any of their parts, so finding a cross match is very difficult as there are no identifications on the component to facilitate getting the cross match (which is obviously why they do it) but with these sorts of massive price differences its worth doing a bit of investigation !!
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist
Working...
X