• Show
Clear All

Old and new .
    100_0647.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Old and new .
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]549[/ATTACH]
      Is that just shit up on the boom or has it has it had to be welded on the JS ?

Comment

JS ,Indeed Its is JCBs finest . An 8080 . .No the is no welding on the boom .Not saying that it does not need some . Basicly every pin boss is cracked ..Crap you can see is oil leaks from every concieivable orifface .

Comment

Wow what a pathetic piece of junk, glad to see it's being replaced with one of the world's finest excavators Ian. So what will you do with that JCB use it as a boat anchor? Sink it into the ocean to become a coral reef? lol

Comment

No Bert ,Not a coral reef .Greenies have too many enviromental laws about oil for it to ever get near a reef .

Comment

Yeah true I guess it'll be off to the steel recycler or oil recycler for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                Yeah true I guess it'll be off to the steel recycler or oil recycler for that matter.
                Supposing it hasent pissed it all out on the way there ... I used to hear sales reps over hear describing them not as 'a dry machine' but a wet one
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I have had all the rams resealed, {some a couple of times } apart for the slew ram .But Hoses ate the Biggest Bugbear .

Comment

I have had all the rams resealed, {some a couple of times } apart for the slew ram .But Hoses ate the Biggest Bugbear .
                    Which is pretty poor isnt it ? I mean I've kept diggers for up to 10 years sometimes and never even had to look at the rams ever , hoses yes, as they fail over time , but often it's the same ones due to working pressures
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Unbelievable hearing that about a relatively modern machine, it's like the stories I use to hear about the old Warner & Swasey machines or even the Poclain's. So how soon after you bought that thing did it start falling apart Ian?

Comment

When the ram rod snapped at the piston, I thought Thats impossible . Not for a JCB it's not.

Comment

experiment

Comment

Last edited by ianoz; 24-01-2012, 08:02 AM. Reason: That Stock fella is a smart cookie

Comment

When the ram rod snapped at the piston, I thought Thats impossible . Not for a JCB it's not.
                              If I remember rightly, that was one of their biggest boasts, that , because they manufacture their own units, none of them had ever failed

Comment

Hi Ianoz,

Great to see you've got your new zx85 , looks a real gem! How are you getting on with her and have you scratched the new buckets yet? Got my ZX85 US last week also. Not able to keep her clean straight in the deep end with her. Very pleased with mine so far will be finished with breaking in soon so will see what shes capable of.

Comment

Working...
                                X