No announcement yet.

Lifton Dumpers circa 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh some nasty pics there Stock .. particularly the young lad but I suppose its from accidents we learn . I remember the H&S doing a lecture when I was at Agri college and the pics they displayed of dead farmers were horrific .. and how they met their end and how easy it was .. was frightening

Sorry I digress the thread
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

With the Austrack , If we dumb aussies did it 30 years ago ,maybe somewhere out there in the rest of the world someone else may have finally invented this new concept. The videos i put up of the JCB robot skid steer was of new ones . They have been making them for 10 years so you may be able to find a secondhand one at a reasonable price.

Comment

Ian, that Oztrak has reminded me of a Buggy type tractor we had in the workshops at college. It was Ex council and used for cutting motorway verges. 40K CVT gearbox, Low to the ground, light weight. Not sure if you could get a loader for it, I will see if I can get some details and a name.

likewise with the Mofett, I saw in one of the farming mags a couple years ago someone fitted a wheelchair lift to the side of the tractor to gain entrance.

perhaps a small telehandler would do some work?
        http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

http://www.carraro.co.uk/Tigre3100.htm# like this you mean.........................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Manitou 045.jpgManitou 050.jpgManitou 051.jpg
            Originally posted by mogman View Post
            Hi scully ianoz promted me to have a look anyway here goes bought a Manitou Buggiscopic a bit ago what a great tool its hydrostatic drive, not a big job to fit a hand throttle and its 4 wheel drive, it has a brake pedal but it doesn't need it as when you shut the revs down it stops it is equiped with 3 hydrauic pumps as well as the drive pump so plenty of auxilary power [ATTACH=CONFIG]360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]362[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]364[/ATTACH]
            The first pic. was before it went to the paint shop will lift 2 tonnes up too 4 meters high

I do have trouble posting pictures on here though (thats ok fella ... posts merged)

Paul.
            If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              http://www.carraro.co.uk/Tigre3100.htm# like this you mean.........................
              Thos look like handy machines
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]368[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]369[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370[/ATTACH]

The first pic. was before it went to the paint shop will lift 2 tonnes up too 4 meters high

I do have trouble posting pictures on here though (thats ok fella ... posts merged)

Paul.
                Thanks Paul for your input . Do you think sullys Dumpy based idea would be workable ? I remember you saying you only built yours to move the cutting gear around .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                  Thanks Paul for your input . Do you think sullys Dumpy based idea would be workable ? I remember you saying you only built yours to move the cutting gear around .
                  Not enough power only a small hydro pump and a drive pump plus not that handy to mount, the little manitou we have the floor is only 10" from the ground. We bought ours for a certain job where access is very restrictive and it is proving a great tool been on a few small demo jobs will not give up on the lifting front had the rear wheels of the ground a few times

just found me smileys their seems to be a lot of them
                  If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Yes ,about what i thought .I did not want to see Sully put a lot over time and effort into a project ,and end up with a very disappointing end result on what it could do .
                    Yes lots of smileys here , muz isn't a smiley scrooge :wub:.

Comment

Yes ,about what i thought .I did not want to see Sully put a lot over time and effort into a project ,and end up with a very disappointing end result on what it could do .
                      Yes lots of smileys here , muz isn't a smiley scrooge :wub:.
                      Thanks for all the advice lads. I think I'll go with a bidirectional compact tractor. Now all I have to do is find one reasonably priced!!

Comment

Hi Scully , I know one of our neighbors had a Yanmar 4 WD . 25 or 30 HP Powershift transmission .He had a quick attach loader for it . It did all he asked of it with ease ..Ploughed and disced with it using his gear from his old and much larger tractor .Slasher ,i think was about the only thing he scaled down .

Comment

Hi Scully , I know one of our neighbors had a Yanmar 4 WD . 25 or 30 HP Powershift transmission .He had a quick attach loader for it . It did all he asked of it with ease ..Ploughed and disced with it using his gear from his old and much larger tractor .Slasher ,i think was about the only thing he scaled down .
                          Sounds good! The bidirectional seat would be v useful though

Comment

Something a bit closer to home
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07wocGkLlk

Comment

You Still about Scully ? Wondering how you got on ?

Comment

Working...
                              X