Finally found a brochure for my favorite the Cat 245d, 245dlc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found a brochure for my favorite the Cat 245d, 245dlc

I've been looking for this for a while my favorite machine that I've operated, last time I was on one was back in 2005 and I think that one was a 'C' either way I still have a soft spot for these iron beasts. And if I had space and money for one I'd have one as a lawn ornament. lol

http://murphyused.com/images/specs/789.pdf

Back when Excavators looked like Excavators ,Not some artists impression of post modern sculpture .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Back when Excavators looked like Excavators ,Not some artists impression of post modern sculpture .
      And there were no quick hitches ........
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        And there were no quick hitches ........
        So that's why the bobcat E15 I drive has no quick hitch.... No wonder it's in black and white. :P
        http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

great tool them did my first serious muckshift with a "B"................. the whole wobble lever tracking..........

the real big change came in Cats when they bought Mitsubishi....................and in my opinion they improved.......
          Last edited by Stock; 24-01-2012, 09:08 PM.
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            Ian I wholeheartedly agree with you I miss running those beasts, sometimes when I was running them I wished for a few more cab comfort but all in all I loved them, the one machine I ran had the hydraulics setup just right and was a pleasure and an honour to operate. I had run it's smaller brothers the 235 and the 215 and all were great machines. Some day when my financials allow me to buy what I want I'll find one of those old Cat excavators, fix it up and relive my twenties. Damn I miss the sound of that 3406 engine wide open and swinging.

Comment

Working...
            X