VOSA and drivers hours regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOSA and drivers hours regs

I'm getting really sceptical about VOSA these days, thats twice in 60 days Ive been stopped at a totally random roadside test. Now Ive got nothing to fear, but they are getting really tough on drivers hours regulations set about by the European working time directive. Its becoming a pain in the arse with bloody Brussels meddeling in everything we do in the UK

Under these laws no Euro driver can drive for any longer than 4.5 hours without taking a 3/4 Hr rest break, and whilst that doesnt seem too bad in its self, there are so many ways you can be caught out, you really have to be careful.

The big problem is that you cant do any other work as its counted as 'duty' time and adds up as if you were driving Its getting to the point you cannot earn a fookin' living any more !!

I mean if it could be proven somone was welding his digger all morning, then went and dropped it off to a customer in his HGV with out sitting on his arse for an hour in between , he'd be in clear breach of the law ? .... barmy !!
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist
Working...
X