My JCB 8018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My JCB 8018

Ok guys here is my digger I bought it in September last year after trading in my 1999 Hitachi EX15 which i got £3500 for!!

Its a 2005 and when i bought it it had 1030 hours on it and came with a 9 inch bucket so I purchased a quick hitch and a new 12,24 and grading bucket all made by strickland. The buckets are very strong but i managed to crack 3 teeth on the 24 inch bucket and 2 on nthe 12 inch bucket so they have been replaced. The tracks were bald when i bought it so i presume its worked all its life on tar and concrete but i planned to replace them after a couple months. After only 4 hours of use one track tore itself to bits so ScotJCB replaced it and i bought the otherside which the guy fitted when for me when he was out so i now have a new set of tracks.

Here is what it looked like when JCB sent me the pics of it.

Here is it with my sign writing on it.

Here she is in all her glory on the 17th Tee at Ballater Golf Course just before i started levelling it out for the green keepers.

Here is the other important machine. Its my mk6 Transit Tipper

Here is a picture of my Old Digger the 1999 Hitachi Ex15-5. I was sorting out paths on Balmoral estate.

I hope you enjoyed.
    Last edited by Wee Jim; 11-02-2012, 07:47 PM. Reason: Added another picture

May I add when i bought this digger i enquired about a stereo kit for it. I was told £500!! So being a tight Scot I decided that i could fit one cheaper so i bought a stereo housing off ebay and mounted it to a small aluminium plate i bought a JVC Ipod ready stereo from ebay for it too I bought some small speakers that were selfcontained in pods and mounted them to the aluminium plate and finally i mounted a small rubber ariel to the plate too. I managed to get it all down the back of the seat and wired it up for less that £100!! It works great and when i sell the digger i can whip the whole unit out and put it in the next one!! I'll try get some photos of it so you can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
      and when i sell the digger i can whip the whole unit out and put it in the next one!!
      Now thats what proves you are a tight scots man .. mind you Aberdonians are ledgendary for that
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Now thats what proves you are a tight scots man .. mind you Aberdonians are ledgendary for that

It was us Aberdonians that inveted copper wire as it was 2 guys fighting over a penny!!!

It just makes sense to me to be able to take the stereo unit with me into the next machine. I will be looking to trade this one in about 3 years. I have already done over 200 hours with it so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
          It was us Aberdonians that inveted copper wire as it was 2 guys fighting over a penny!!!

It just makes sense to me to be able to take the stereo unit with me into the next machine. I will be looking to trade this one in about 3 years. I have already done over 200 hours with it so far!
          But by that time you'll be wanting a sub woofer and quadraphonics fitted
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            But by that time you'll be wanting a sub woofer and quadraphonics fitted
            I'll need a bigger cab then!!!

Comment

If you look at the picture of my old Hitachi below the seat there is a yellow warniing sticker. At the bottom of the sticker is a silver line. That line is actially the top of the facia of the stereo i fitted into it!! Its in a housing and srewed to the steel of the cab! The speakers were in pods behins the seat!

What can I say? I like music when i work!!

Comment

Hey W Jim , Is it my imagination or in the second photo ,is the top pivot pin falling out . My 8080 was good at doing that .Good thing the hoses go though under the pin and stop it dropping right out .

Comment

Yeah Ian its your imagination! thats the style of pin thats on my 8018.

Comment

Good , That's alright then .

Comment

Yeah I gotta have music or something to listen to when I'm digging too. I ran a Cat 245 back in 2003 that I think was one of the first ones off the line, I was digging in a gravel pit stripping the last layer of gravel off the clay bottom listening to Love Over Gold and the Communique albums because somebody there had installed an Alpine stereo and six by nine speakers in the back of the cab. It was pretty awesome when a thunder storm started moving in while I was listening to Telegraph Road, the road I had made into where I was working literally did turn into a rolling river.

Comment

Wee jim so do you put by "royal appointment" on your ad's.....................
                        ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
                        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

No i am afraid not. I have not applied for a royal warrant yet. but you never know!

Comment

Working...
                          X