Bolt on face plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt on face plate

Where could i get a bold on faceplate for my 9 inch bucket. I need a small service bucket so i bought a strickland one and as a temp measure i have simply removed the teeth. Does anyone know where i could buy a plate to bolt on to save wearing the mouth of the bucket or would you not bother?

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
    Where could i get a bold on faceplate for my 9 inch bucket. I need a small service bucket so i bought a strickland one and as a temp measure i have simply removed the teeth. Does anyone know where i could buy a plate to bolt on to save wearing the mouth of the bucket or would you not bother?
    You can just weld on soft stuff at the corners mate ... just beef up the cutting edge where it joins the sides and you'll be fine for ages ..... the trouble with welding a plate on the teeth is that depending on what the teeth are made of .. you wont get a good weld on some because it crystalises and cracks. so ..... just use it as a gum bucket, but prepare your corners, and it will last ages

Comment

I got the Blacksmith to cut me a bit of hardened steel and bolt it to the bucket. Its made a big difference to the wearing of the face plate! Its reversible so once it does get worn i can unbolt it and turn it round. Here is a couple of pictures for you to enjoy.

Comment

Looks good Jim, you still gunna get wear at the corners though mate, just as you see it wearing the cutting edge, however it wont be much, as the edge has enough meat on it yet ..... I just hate seeing good buckets get destroyed by taking the teeth off, and so many ask for it these days
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X