Lifton high tip dumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton high tip dumper

Hello all, I have a lifton loadstar high tip dumper. I have owned this for a few years now.the trouble I'm having is a speed issue. The machine starts 1st time no matter what the conditions are. the trouble is when u got to drive it takes a while to pull away and when it does takes a while to get to a speed that makes it worth using. I'm struggling to find someone who can fix machinery or who knows what they talking about. I have changed all the hydraulic fuel and filter but to no reward any ideas would b great.

Hi Grant ,Welcome to the forum .I can't help you with any advise on your problem ,But hopefully Muz or one of the other members Can .

Comment

Hi Grant .. welcome

Can you give us more information about the machine, age model etc, as they varied in production style quite a lot over the years
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Hi Grant .. welcome

Can you give us more information about the machine, age model etc, as they varied in production style quite a lot over the years
        IT has a lombardini engine. I've had it about 6 years but couldn't tell u how old it was. my dad brought it. It has lifton loadstar on the side and a lombardini plate on engine with ld 12 on it. Basically my friend borrowed it for a job and when it returned it wouldn't accelerate. U pressed the pedal and about 25 secs later it would begin to move gradually building up 2 full speed(still worth while for long drive jobs but not ideal for the short drive ones)..
        The machines lift/tip still works fine,

This is where I'm at, I figured the wheels and movement of the machinery run on hydraulics so I checked the hyd oil and it looked contaminated so I removed the hydraulic filter started the machine and let all the oil pump out. I got a new filter filled with oil and screwed it back on. I have now refilled with new hyd oil and started machine the lift/tip work fine but when I use the acelerater its still slow and the hydraulic fuel drops I refill some more.( I can see a bubble every 5 secs appear) I'm thinking air in pipes. The is what I'm currently doing today so do I need to wait a day or two for the air to come out. Thank you for ur help

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Hi Grant .. welcome

Last edited by Grantcritchley; 08-03-2012, 03:31 PM. Reason: Tryin to upload a pix

Comment

Right I know the ones you mean now

Certainly air in the hydraulic oil or 'frothing' will not help, thats usually caused by some contamination,and because its compressible, which the pure oil isnt.. can lead to all sorts of problems

One thing to try is jack the front and back axle off the ground at the same time, and push the forward drive pedal, and see what the front and back wheels do, do they rotate at the same rate ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ok thanks need some jacks lol. How much oil do they generally take to fill. U know anyone In the Surrey area who can fix it
              How would I find the model and year
              Last edited by Grantcritchley; 08-03-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantcritchley View Post
                Ok thanks need some jacks lol. How much oil do they generally take to fill. U know anyone In the Surrey area who can fix it
                How would I find the model and year
                The VIN plate would have been in around the king post area .. presumably its been knocked off.

The reason I suggest jacking it off the deck, is because there is a flow devider that halves the oil flow from the engine to both drive axles, and it quite often failed. You wont realise it has though untill you provide power to the drive system with no load on it, i.e. off the ground, and they both need to be off together to see exactly where the oil is going

Comment

Is the king post by the steering wheel coz theres a plate on there but no date just a Ingraved serial number

Comment

Any luck Grant ? .... how did you get on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Any luck Grant ? .... how did you get on ?
                      Aye .. what did it do ?

Comment

Its not too far but try colin at hrc sourcing, he is a good all rounder especially regarding hydraulics, he is in southampton so only a 40 min drive. Mention dan at local diggers. 07563277368

Comment

No luck as yet. I haven't managed to get to jack it up yet. It's filled up with new hydro oil & new filter now. But still slow pulling away. But does still go full speed. I haven't really got the tools here to test or fix. So on Wednesday I'm gonna move it to my mates yard to look at it.( as he has all the tools). Just wish I new someone who fixed machinery. Got a kubota kx41(old but still starts 1st time) here with a few issues too...

Comment

Originally posted by Local diggers View Post
                            Its not too far but try colin at hrc sourcing, he is a good all rounder especially regarding hydraulics, he is in southampton so only a 40 min drive. Mention dan at local diggers. 07563277368
                            Thanks I'm in Croydon though so about 1hr 30.. Gotta b someone closer. My car mechanic fixed the last fault which was a axle or something.

Comment

My old manor! Its hard finding good plant guys round there huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X