Forum off line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum off line

Thankfully it appears we are back on line .. I have no idea why we were off..... and shall be asking questions
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Did somebody trip over the power cord and pull it out of the wall socket ????? .........I thought it was a problem with my ISP because it happens regularly .......

Comment

me too we have a wireless fangled thing and I hate it. I always assume something like the microwave is jamming the sodding thing when in actual fact its my isp
      What you looking at ? ..

Comment

Another offline incident noted tonight

Comment

Was the forum off line last night or was it just me??

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            Was the forum off line last night or was it just me??
            Dont think so fella, but I'm not sure. The server was targeted by a DDOS attack last week which gave the techs a headache I believe, and they have had to shut it down to do maintenance from time to time to resolve problems .. thats what they are telling me anyway

No idea why it was attacked, we will be sharing a machine with loads of other services on it, so doubtless it will be someone elses problems we were left dealing with
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hey Muz , Is the forum time running different to real time ? . Forum was off line at 4 pm , and was very slow responding before it went .Long past my bedtime here .

Comment

seems ok here at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                  Hey Muz , Is the forum time running different to real time ? . Forum was off line at 4 pm , and was very slow responding before it went .Long past my bedtime here .

Well if you lot hadn't pulled up the cable ......................................
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Google time in Glasgow and says 22.10 =10.10 PM .Forum clock here i am looking at says 9.10 .

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      me too we have a wireless fangled thing and I hate it. I always assume something like the microwave is jamming the sodding thing when in actual fact its my isp
                      You could be onto something there. The laptop in the kitchen will drop the wireless internet signal when the microwave is on. (NO! I'm not talking about my wife!)

Comment

Well another offline experience ... I think the site has been moved this time, as I had to change the DNS records this morning to a new number which suggests the forum is now on a different machine. We'll see

Should say .. it went off about 9.30pm last night and I emailed support immediately, I had no idea they were gonna move the whole forum

Comment

Why the move Muz? and how come we got no warning????
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            Why the move Muz? and how come we got no warning????
                            That what bugging me too .. they gave us no warning whatsoever .. were still with the same hosts, but they obviously decided to move us to a new machine .. I suppose we should be grateful .. coss the old one we were on was plainly giving no end of bother which is why we kept going off

Comment

Should say .. I got a new host looked out , if we get any more shit .. and I'll plaster the internet with comments about how shit these current guys have been... thing is they used to have a very good rep .. so thats why I gave em a lot of chances, but the rope has just tightened around their necks now .. lets see if they have sorted us out once and for all

Comment

Working...
                              X