No announcement yet.

Need a new chain saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If It is someting Moggy has had his fingers in designing , it would probably cut its way though any thing .
    You were using the same saw to cut Aluminium Buzz bars weren't you Moggy ?

Comment

No Ian we built an other saw for the alli job as for the chain saw needed the rim to make trencher but it had a solid tyre fitted which didn't want to come of (soon sorted that little problem out)

But on the note of cutting through anything we have just built a saw to cut steel plate (2" thick) the blade is 30" diameter and is powered by a hydraulic motor with a 20.1 reduction gear box
      Castner Kelner 240 (Medium).jpgCastner Kelner 260 (Medium) (2).jpg

Mog
      If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

LOL thats some serious saw equipment mogman Is that last one a rail cutter or something ?

Anyhow.. I ended up with a Stihl MS391 a bit by chance at decent money. 20" bar and its a nice enough saw, bit heavier than I imagined though. I'm a little dissapointed too because if you are horizontal cutting, if you dont keep the bar in line with the cut very well its progress seems to reduce significantly, I'm not entire sure why this is, as its a new piece of kit, it should be like a hot knife throu butter .. I rekon the chain might be too big for the bar width wise, (just guessing) but It was the one supplied by the shop, otherwise she seem a good saw and does everything asked of it. Ive used others where that kind of attack angle didnt matter, whereas it seems to with this guy ?
        I Pull for a living

Comment

Working...
        X