How about a Chatbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Chatbox?

How about a chatbox on the forum like one of theses - http://www.shoutmix.com/v3/

I think it would do well on here!

How does it work ?
    Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

there is a few differnt styls but they are pretty simple. user namesmilies etc

Comment

Add ons are usually troublesome stuff Jim .. and I prefer to keep things simple for the benefit of us all, we do have a 'group' feature where some of the lads chat here already although I know its not an instantaneous thing

I'll look see , but I cant promise

Ah .... I just checked an seen ye have joined one

Ye know ..lads I'm not averse to change .. but I prefer stuff that works so we can all enjoy some craik .. as opposed to me sittin behind me screen for days figuring out a forum problem or something
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

i bought one of them shoutmix ones and had it on the scottish vanners forum. They are real popular but the sv one seems to die off. i have seen and joined the groups on here but maybe the chatbox would be good for everyone?

Comment

Muz , On the ACME forum .which is running Vbulletin 3.7.3 , They have "flashchat ".Now not knowing how the forum works , but I would say it is part of the VBulletin set up .

Comment

I'm with you Muz leave well enough alone............................................
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Muz , On the ACME forum .which is running Vbulletin 3.7.3 , They have "flashchat ".Now not knowing how the forum works , but I would say it is part of the VBulletin set up .

Ian, unfortunately, since Joe started trying to upgrade, Flashchat hasn't been working. I'm not sure if it is even under a current license. That said, I rarely used it as often as others, but it can be fun when a few of your best buds are on too.

Comment

Yes Bruce , I know at the moment flashchat is not working on ACME . The point I was making was it was on the forum ,and part of the Vbulletin package ,I guess . If Muz was to set a chat room up , Why not use something that is probably available in the current package .

Comment

I am sorry if i opened up a can of worms or anything i was just thinking that it might be good as they can be good for abit of banter and they also help show that this is a lively forum if it was a small chatbox on the forum page as new and potantial members will see the banter thats gone on. As i said it was just an idea. Could always just have a wee trial?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                      If Muz was to set a chat room up , Why not use something that is probably available in the current package .
                      But it isnt part of the 4.x product, not even sure if its part of 3.x either afaik its a 3rd party addon.

Whilst I'm open for debate about it, the other problem with 3rd party stuff is that when the forum gets upgraded, it often breaks the add ons, as their code is no longer compatible. For sure its more of a problem between major upgrade, but its just another thing to sort when it all goes tits up
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                        I am sorry if i opened up a can of worms
                        'soright Jim ... we do 'worms' here ... BIG time

Comment

Muz I thought we started with worms and escalated to snakes........................
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            Muz I thought we started with worms and escalated to snakes........................
                            Aye .. but ye get a tablet for that now

Comment

Working...
                            X