Welome Gardener 180 .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welome Gardener 180 .

Welcome aboard Andy . I just happened to look in and see you here . Don't be shy now and tells us a bit about yourself .

Hi,
    thanks for the message,
    im doing a wee job on an old perkins engine, and saw ur forum, hopefuly someone may have the info im looking for.
    thanks very much for your time and help,
    regards,
    andy
    scotland.

Comment

Hi Andy , Well hope you stick around after you get your Info . What you get up to beside playing with Perkins powered boats .

Comment

hi ian,
        i work as a mechie fitter.
        served my time on gardeners, aec, leyland 680,s,cummins L10,s etc etc etc.
        worked on a lot of marine stuff too, ie sulzer, B&W, mirlees, paxman, pielstick, etc etc etc.
        have been on a few steam turbine boats as well, but not keen on working with stream at 900 (nine hundred) PSI !!!
        where in oz are you? how is the job situation for mechie fitters over there?
        andy

Comment

Mate , As a Fitter ,the world{Australia} would be your oyster . I am in Central Queensland . Here ,
          http://www.jobseeker.com.au/Diesel-F...-in-Queensland
          Check that out . 5 Pages of diesel fitter jobs . Most jobs i have seen Advertised quote $50 an hour . Your got to be prepared to work in Glorious Sunshine , and tempretures that you guys think are hot summers days , Yeah well their our over night Minimum .

Comment

I am Sorry Andy I stuffed up ,and only looked at the first page , to see 5 pages . There is actually 38 pages of diesel fitters wanted . Sorry to mislead you.

Comment

hi ian,
              cool, ill have a wee look, i like to keep my options open, as the job situation here is getting quite bad.
              i feel the need to go "further afield" may be an option in the not too distant future.
              i was thinking of NZ too, id like to go to invercargill and see where Burt Munroe came from, him out that film, the worlds fastest indian.
              he wiz the man, lol

Comment

Bert ,hey . There was a man that knew how to live . I don't know much about him apart from what I saw in the movie .
                Mate as I said Providing you qualify for a visa , Especialy here in queensland , you could go to just about any town or city and get a job. Further north or west the better the odds and the pay .

Comment

Hi Andy welcome to the forum mate

Comment

Welcome fella
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hey Andy ,if you get a work Visa and enjoy 12 hour shifts 4 weeks on 1 week off + stinking heat ,you can almost name your own price in some parts .

Comment

Hi Andy welcome mate still a newby myself but will say the crowd here are good with advice etc.,

Comment

Working...
                        X