Reflooring a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflooring a trailer

Was putting a new Deck into a trailer today, and I had to rip some allweather flooring with my circular saw, I've decided that the laser guidance built into the latest saws are absolutlely brilliant .. what a difference it makes to getting a straight cut (sample pic of some dude with pine)

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I wonder if they make them for hacksaws. One thing I can never get to cut straight.

Comment

Muz wouldn't have taken you for a nail bender, and the picture is a copout do it right the next time................................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Muz wouldn't have taken you for a nail bender, and the picture is a copout do it right the next time................................

Hey I can wood butcher with the best of them .. should have taken a pic of my fine work, see what tomorrow brings
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well it went from this

Img_1287.jpg

To this

Img_1288.jpg

Comment

Is that resin impregnated ply or WPB..??
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              Is that resin impregnated ply or WPB..??
              Yeah its all weather stuff that just got wet .. @ £30/sheet ..

Comment

Argh , ive got one needing done ........ can I borrow your saw

Comment

Looks Good Muz .

Comment

i need to do my ifor williams in the very near future, another job to add to the list

Comment

Well here we are a year and 4 months later and the floor had to come out again .. cheap shitty exterior weather board from B&Q

IMG_2056.jpgIMG_2057.jpg

I'm assuming it was a bad batch ... Ive screwed on a couple of sheets of crappy sheathing ply on top of the replaced floor this time .. if this doesent work its off to the dealer for some of that coated deck stuff

IMG_2058.jpg

Comment

How many years would you like to get out of a deck? I use to know a guy that lined his dump truck box floors with Oak planks since they wear much longer and 3/4" or 1" plywood for the sides. He made a steel lip that went over the boards to protect them from being ripped out and during the winter he'd use an old mop to stain it with a mixture of diesel and used motor oil...though officially it was fish oil if anybody asked. But it worked great for hauling mud in the winter and snow since it couldn't stick as easily. We had tried a polyethylene floor but I don't think it insulated against the steel enough and you had to cover the whole box with it. But with that being said we had to put new boards on one of the lowbeds and I think they went with rough cut Oak boards as fir wouldn't stand up to the beating from the steel tracks on our excavators and track loaders.

Comment

Oh sure I'd use oak or larch but its twice the work, more expensive and heavier. The original decks in the Ifor Williams trailers are good for 5 years moderate use. I was just annoyed I only got a year or so out of this one ...cos I dont really mind doing a re deck after that sort of time. Its the old story, if a store sells you something, and it doesent do what it says on the tin, thats when you get annoyed

Comment

Ahh ok maybe its a little cheaper here since its a little more in abundance though it takes forever to grow. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X