Hi ppl new to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ppl new to site

Hi ever one new to the site seen it after i been on google. im after some advice and tips.

i been in ground works for 5- 6 years now but in feb 2012 went for 360 ticket. working for a company and operating jc130. Now i know im not going to be a shit hot operator over night but im struggling to get the feel of the stick when lifting manhole ring. Im getting signaled to move ring out woods but when i do it im kind of lifting dipper up then down with main arm not get timing right. can any one give me any advice and tips to becoming smother on stick. thanks

Hi Rob welcome to the forum mate , gonna stick me neck out here and say that you just need more hours on the digger & practice mate , after a while it comes naturally and get the digger working like its your own arms like they is attached to you.

Every machine is different thogh in feel , speed, etc so you just have to practice and learn with what youve got, ive seen some guys pick it up straight away, others take longer , but, they all get there stick at it & you be threading needles with it in no time

Comment

Howdy Rob .. fill us in what ya been up to with your ground works mate ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

hi Dan thanks for reply im sure it is just down to practice got to keep telling my self only been on machines since mid march.

Comment

Hi Muz been working for county council for 3 years doing ever thing from tarmacing concreting gully's kerbing flagging, before then working for one man bands doing driveways. Now working for plant and haulage company in cumbria.

Comment

Welcome Rob , Mate I don't think there is any Magic formula . Basicly comes down to time in the seat.. I know its almost impossible , when bosses want production to get pratice time in on the job . Try a couple of trail runs first ,to get the feel of the levers .

Comment

practice when you can , chain on a ring and set a mark to aim for ,stay on for a bit afterwork , Saturday morning lunch time etc

Comment

Welcome to the forum, like everyone says its just practice practice and more practice!!

Comment

thanks for the reply ppl im sure i will get it in time lol

Comment

Hello rob and welcome aboard .............I wonder if these things are expensive toys or useful in some circumstances ,like not paying $200Aud per hour for 8days training ..

http://www.simlog.com/personal-excavator.html

Comment

Bugger Wazza, I am going to have to get Glasses . When I am operating My excavator i never see those handy green lines like shown on the simulator . How easy does that make it.

Comment

You must have the dodgy model without Laser guides

Comment

Welcome Rob, when young lads ask me how it done I tell to get a football nice round leather one pump it about 1/4 ways and practice picking it up then as you get better pump the ball harder.
                          Stock junior was able to put it up to some professional drivers at a recent cat demo all from this method of training.

This will teach you how to operate the levers the use of the machine and how to set it up only comes from experience and that takes time. Both Ian and myself have been operating equipment for more than 20 years and we still find things to learn, I find I watch other operators to see if there is a better way of doing stuff.
                          Keep your mouth shut do what asked of you and you be fine................
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                          X