Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallelujah! It's working!!!!!

Finally and thanks to the wealth of good advice from the members of this forum, the Lifton now goes where it previously feared to tread!

Stevey and I put the refurbished (thanks to Messrs. Bell of Servetech) travel pump back into the dumper and 'hey presto' now it climbs an incline as it should. We are very happy puppies!

Thanks to all who helped by advice, guidance and recommendations.

Rgds CL

Comment

• >>> split from the capn's mis post on another thread

Dude .. I think you have this on the wrong thread ? .. If i'm right I'll shift it for you ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Dude .. I think you have this on the wrong thread ? .. If i'm right I'll shift it for you ?
        Yes please Muz - must've had too much celebratory beverage!

Comment

I think I need some guidance in post manipulation as well as digger/dumper mechanics!
          Muz please re-locate my thank you posts where you think most appropeiate and thanks again.
          Rgds CL
          Last edited by CaptLimey; 12-07-2013, 04:08 PM. Reason: locational error

Comment

• Well pleased John and his lad sorted the problem though as I knew they would .. another big up for the forum to have helped someone not get ripped off .. I feel like a one man revolution sometimes theres a lot of piss takers in this industry

anyway .. its the result that counts captain have a glass of wine on us
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• It's gorn!!!

Well, having fixed it to 100% efficiency (for now) Stevey bit the bullet and decided to sell it while it was a 'good'un'. We managed to get the original cost and pump repair expense back but not the cost in time and effort to repair it....... 'c'est la vie'.

It was bought by a guy here in France who runs plant driving training courses, so it has gone to a good cause and won't have a hard life. We and he are very happy.

As efficient and simple as they are for the operator, we won't be buying another hydrostatic drive. As Muz said in another thread, it's interesting how many posts are about Lifton mini dumper problems. The guy who repaired our pump, John at Servtech Hydraulics (well recommended) commented that the designers of these mini dumpers did not understand the limitations of the travel pump and designed for constant power demands that they had a problem in providing.

Good old fashioned gearbox/clutch/mechanical drive/brakes will be the order of the day for our next machine!

Thanks to all for your input and advice which was much appreciated.

Kind regards CL

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptLimey View Post
                Well, having fixed it to 100% efficiency (for now) Stevey bit the bullet and decided to sell it while it was a 'good'un'. We managed to get the original cost and pump repair expense back but not the cost in time and effort to repair it....... 'c'est la vie'.

It was bought by a guy here in France who runs plant driving training courses, so it has gone to a good cause and won't have a hard life. We and he are very happy.

As efficient and simple as they are for the operator, we won't be buying another hydrostatic drive. As Muz said in another thread, it's interesting how many posts are about Lifton mini dumper problems. The guy who repaired our pump, John at Servtech Hydraulics (well recommended) commented that the designers of these mini dumpers did not understand the limitations of the travel pump and designed for constant power demands that they had a problem in providing.

Good old fashioned gearbox/clutch/mechanical drive/brakes will be the order of the day for our next machine!

Thanks to all for your input and advice which was much appreciated.

Kind regards CL
                Very welcome Cap'n .. be sure to check in regularly with some updates of what you are up to

BTW I take Johns point .. never looked at it that way before .. but I see where he's coming from

Comment

Very welcome Cap'n .. be sure to check in regularly with some updates of what you are up to
                  Will do Muz and BTW particular thanks to you for providing the platform that helped us to air our problems and get a satisfactry result to our woes.

We're currently using Stevey's 1.5 ton JCB mini digger and the 'Benford Beast' my three ton (non-hydrostatic) swivel dumper to gain some flat land at the rear of Stevey's place in the Pyrenees. Interesting job as we've unearthed a few huge boulders and I was impressed by how the little JCB managed to manoeuvre them out of the way by some judicious pulling and pushing. Great little machine but I still prefer my Takeuchi!

Rgds CL

Comment

Working...
                  X