No announcement yet.

Mulholland Plant Hire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jimbo good pictures, do you guys not put any rebar or steel reinforcement in house footings over there? Nice neat and tidy digging you do hope you post some more pictures.

Comment

Thanks 245dlc. it all depends on the ground conditions. Sometimes if its bad ground we Put steel reinforcing in the subfloor. if its soft ground When digging the foundation we do trench fill. where we dig rite down to we find the solid ground and put in a trench fill mix of concrete and then finish off with normal concrete around the top. In some cases when the ground conditions are real bad the site may be piled.

Comment

What make and size is the smaller sided dumper trailer? That's the kind of thing I am after!

Comment

Thats interesting Jimbo in this part of Canada despite having basements almost all new houses have both rebar and pilings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            What make and size is the smaller sided dumper trailer? That's the kind of thing I am after!
            The dump trailer is a TBF Thompson GP14 Sadly Tbf's Engineering side of things stoped trading a few years back. with that trailer being 1 of the last things they made. It has a front loading door for shifting the mini digger inside. (similar to NC's trailer) We have it a few years now and to be honest it not that good a job. When your loading the digger into it your in and outa the tractor a pile of times setting it up. When you get the digger inside you cant swing around (with a ex or zx 30 anyway) And you have very little room for buckets. Also when loading or unloading you neda make sure your drawbars on solid ground cause the weight of the digger driven over it pushes it into soft ground. If i was doing it again i'd just order a set of long ramps and go in over the backdoor. Its a good well built trailer and i really like there endoor set up (so much so i modified the door on our McCauley to be similar) It works with two rams in below the body that pull the door down the way. Meaning when your carting big bolders of bushes nothing will ever get stuck in it.

Comment

Jim get yer self one of these laddies.................... Well the one from the back of a 7.5 ton truck.............

http://www.joskin.com/?page=cargo_concept&model=cargo-lift&user_lang=en
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

If things weren't so far apart over here I'd consider getting an ag-tractor with a trailer like that. Over here they don't have to be licensed and insured the same way cars and trucks are. And they aren't subject to Motor Carrier Enforcement laws like a regular heavy truck. I hauled for a gravel pit a few years ago and we use to get this one Scottish or Irish Dairy Farmer that had moved here because the land is much cheaper and he had a big Joskin trailer and a pretty sweet looking Fendt tractor. And our loader operator and dispatcher couldn't believe the loads he was taking as he was two or three tonnes over the GVW that I was permitted with a standard gravel truck and he never got pulled over or harassed. How fast do some of these tractors you guys have over there go on the highway?

Comment

50 kmph or a fast track from jake a little more.......................

Comment

That's not bad really, probably a lot better off-road mobility too.

Comment

Heres a few more pictures of work we carried out recently

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome back Jim delighted to see your tipping away..................when did you lot have weather as dry as that...............

been ages since we saw a clear blue sky down here......................

Comment

Thanks Stock the picture of the digger and dumper with the nice blue sky was took on the 21st of november. But i think it was a one day thing. lol It was bitterly cold and frosty around that time

Comment

Working...
                                X