Mulholland Plant Hire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
    Holy crap Jimbo I can't believe that's paint you're removing, you'll have to get yourself a gopro camera it's always interesting to see some videos from somewhere else.
    yip its paint. Some waste isn't it?? And that's only 1 bay of 12. But it probly was the worst.
    The missus got me a new Samsung camera for chrisrmas, and I bought a we cheap sucker thing to mount it on to windows. Its a handy job. Cheap and cheerful. Lol

Comment

Yeah I might have to buy a new one this year my gopro was acting weird and doesn't seem to like cold weather all that much even though it's suppose to be able to handle it.

Comment

Extension

Originally posted by jimbozaxis View Post

Hi Jim
        I am new to the site and have just been checking out all your pictures. It's a great testament to the tidy work you do. I have just been admiring the dipper extension in this picture . Did you have it made ?

Vin

Comment

Thanks very much vin. i saw your name popping up over on the ce forum recently aswell. The extension jib was bought from Brian Scott in garvagh Northern ireland, If you goggle that name you should finf his website

Comment

Jim what the story with the jake?
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Extension jib

Thanks very much vin. i saw your name popping up over on the ce forum recently aswell. The extension jib was bought from Brian Scott in garvagh Northern ireland, If you goggle that name you should finf his website
              Hi Jim
              Thanks for name
              I like the BCE site too but I prefer this one .

Vin

ps it's nice too see machines where the op is using the correct end for the digging !

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                Jim what the story with the jake?
                Hello stock. The JS130 belongs to a neighbour I was just moving it for him. I spent an hour or so before loading her stockpilling hardfill with her. Not a bad digger. Found the controls very smooth and a nice big roomy cab. Still would prefere the Hitachi thow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
                  Hi Jim
                  I am new to the site and have just been checking out all your pictures. It's a great testament to the tidy work you do. I have just been admiring the dipper extension in this picture . Did you have it made ?

Vin
                  Agreed...very neat trench work - I looked at Jimbos work and then my "rough as a jar of angry frogs" trench i have just backfilled and.....

Comment

Brian Scott

The extension jib was bought from Brian Scott in garvagh Northern ireland,
                    Hi Jim

i spoke with Nigel, Brian's son today.

I discussed the extension jib and I think I will go for one .
                    I also enquired about the pallet forks for the excavator . Have you seen or used one of theirs ? I think they would be very useful on site if teleporter unavailable.

Vin

Comment

Hello vin. Yip that's right Nigel is brians son
                      I cetainly have vin. I have two sets of pallet toes in the yard here but only one is Scott. The other was made by a local man that does abit of engineering. Scotts gear is all good strong well built stuff. We find with the toes and extension jib the digger gets staying on site long after the foundations are dug. It usely gets to stay on and attend brickies and then set up roof truses.

Comment

Hi Jim

i spoke with Nigel again today
                        I had a bit of a dilemma as I need the jib and forks to fit on my case and my duck and the range on the hitches is different the case is a geith claw but the Hyundai hitch is a Heath Robinson job adapted to pick up a set of dedicated buckets of a Volvo ec130.

I measured up all the buckets as best as I could and went for 385 mm pin centre to pin centre so I hope they fit on both machines

Vin

Comment

We find with the toes and extension jib the digger gets staying on site long after the foundations are dug. It usely gets to stay on and attend brickies and then set up roof truses.
                          A very valid point .. although with pallet forks and block grabs and volume buckets .. you are soon doing as much running as the telehandler or dumper .. which isnt going to do your running gear much good
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            A very valid point .. although with pallet forks and block grabs and volume buckets .. you are soon doing as much running as the telehandler or dumper .. which isnt going to do your running gear much good
                            No running gear problem for the Duck though

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              I c what you mean muz. But most our work is private. maybe someone building a new house or an extension to an exsisting house. So we would be working in confined spaces. Im not talking about the digger doing the job of a tele handler on a site of maybe 100 houses, where it would take you half hour to track from one end of site to the other.

In our work were called into clear the site and dig foundations. Then with the block grab we get to stay on to sling blocks into the brickies to build the footains. Then fill the footains and concrete them. Then attend brickies again with blocks and morter. Then stick on your jib and sling up roof trusses. In between times and as the diggers already on site the client will always find some thing for you to do like start digging in services water,electric,telephone,gas etc. By this stage the jobs well underway and we can start doin the sewers and storms and maybe the kerbing. If we hadnt got the jib or block grab our machine would be useless on site after the footains are filled and the client would have to go elsewhere to look for a telehandler.

Comment

I c what you mean muz. But most our work is private. maybe someone building a new house or an extension to an exsisting house. So we would be working in confined spaces. Im not talking about the digger doing the job of a tele handler on a site of maybe 100 houses, where it would take you half hour to track from one end of site to the other.

In our work were called into clear the site and dig foundations. Then with the block grab we get to stay on to sling blocks into the brickies to build the footains. Then fill the footains and concrete them. Then attend brickies again with blocks and morter. Then stick on your jib and sling up roof trusses. In between times and as the diggers already on site the client will always find some thing for you to do like start digging in services water,electric,telephone,gas etc. By this stage the jobs well underway and we can start doin the sewers and storms and maybe the kerbing. If we hadnt got the jib or block grab our machine would be useless on site after the footains are filled and the client would have to go elsewhere to look for a telehandler.
                                Aye Jimbo I agree as I said earlier ... as long as you can keep the job and the client to that size
                                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                                X