X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
    Hi Jim

i spoke with Nigel again today
    I had a bit of a dilemma as I need the jib and forks to fit on my case and my duck and the range on the hitches is different the case is a geith claw but the Hyundai hitch is a Heath Robinson job adapted to pick up a set of dedicated buckets of a Volvo ec130.

I measured up all the buckets as best as I could and went for 385 mm pin centre to pin centre so I hope they fit on both machines

Vin
    Hopefully they do fit vin. Nigel should sort you out. Our linkages are abit odd aswell. Years ago my father had a few hymac machines with the full range of buckets for them. When he bought his first hitachi a uh04 back in the 70's the linkage on the dipper had 65mil pins as aposed to the 55mil hymac pins as he had a load of buckets it was cheaper to change the digger than 10-15 buckets. so for years to come any new digger that was bought the linkage was changed to suit the buckets. and any new bucket bought was made to suit the digger. lol When we got the quick hitches the were made with the jaw to pick up our buckets. Down side is our diggers wont pick up a bucket off any other 13tonner. But good side is no other 13 tonner can pick up our buckets. so no one can come borrown our implements because the wont fit. lol

Heres a few pictures i took for you on saturday of the scott jib and forks in the yard here if you look at the linkage you'l see what mean by the smaller pins

Comment

the pictures are fantastic :)

thought mulholland were farmers before i saw this thread cos i only ever saw the tractors........apologies for my mistake cos you got some tasty bits of kit there :)

for the record i'm not a 360 operator but i know a nice tidy piece of kit when i see one :) they're a credit to you

Comment

UH04

Hi Jim

Do you have any pics of the uh04 ??? I remember the early hitachis very fondly . They were a big step forward for machines up to the 20 tonne size for general building and hire work. I really liked the way they slewed with forward backward movement and pulled the dipper in with left and right movement , I always thought this gave greater fine control of the dipper. Brilliant for grading sub base . I was disappointed when they conformed the lever movements with every one else .
        I drove a few of them wh051D, uh052 , uh061, uh071 , uh081 , uh063, uh083, but never seen a uh04

what did you cut your teeth on ?

Comment

Hey vin. Yip i have pictures of the uho4. i'l have to look them out for you. Our first track machine was a hymac 580bt then a 580c joined it,then a brand new uho4 (one of the first hitachi's into northern ireland) Everyone told da he was mad buying an unknown make as he'd never get parts. The lever configuration was as you described above in this machine. The chance came up to buy another uho4 a second hand one but this machine was slightly older and had two foot pedals to control it. Next came a uho52, then the first uho4 was traded in for a ex100-1, then we bought a second ex100-1, the uho52 was traded in for a ex30-2, then the second ex100 traded for a ex120-5, next the other 100-1 was sold and replaced with the fh130-3 work was busy so we added a komatsu pc120 the ex30 was sold and replaced with a zaxis 30 the komatsu then sold and replaced with another ex30-2 and the 120-5 replaced with a zaxis 130lcn.

Iv been playing about with the machines since i was knee height but i started operating properly on the Ex100-1 and the Ex30-2

Comment

There not great quality pictures sorry.

The UHO52

One of the hymacs the 580bt i think after a spot of vandalism

Comment

The ex100-1 just after purchase

The ex100-1 and ex30

Komatsu

Ex100 Having a lie down

120 and 100

Comment

Great pics Jim
                lovely seeing the early hitachis the 100 on her side reminds me of a few close ones I've had, none over yet though touch wood

i will dig some of mine out and find somewhere to post them without hijacking your thread.
                i need to work out how to get them posted the full size as the early attempt I had at posting pics they came up very small. Any help appreciated

Vin

Comment

A few More pictures of jobs we have worked at recently

Comment

Comment

Comment

Tidy work as usual Jim .
                        has the FH 130 given much bother ? I was never a fan as I drove a few of the early ones and they weren't a patch on the EX's from what I can remember the early ones had iveco engines and were very unreliable , hydraulics weren't much better .

Vin

Comment

Some very neat and tidy work there Jim, what's the story on that excavator that's presumably sunk in the muck in the first couple photos and what kind is it?

Comment

How it going lads sorry for the late reply. Vin the Fh130 has give us next to no bother. Thats why its still here and it will probably stay with us for a good few years yet.

As for the atlas i was moving one of our machines a few months back and spyed it across the fields, So i got the zoom out on my camera for a beter view. It sat there for a good few weeks and was recovered last week by another atlas digger. lol

Comment

A few pictures of foundations we dug out for a new house last week. The weather was brilliant the whole time and made the job so much easier. I have been doin this work now for near 11 years and my father forty to fifty years. and in that time this premix lorry driver was only the second one we come across that had a big glove on him and as the bucket was full he cleaned off the shute. Meaning absolutly no spillage. Most others end up with Half a meter layin pilled up at the back of the lorry.

Comment

Hi Jim

thats been a bug bear of mine for years!

we have one mixer driver who does the same thing he has a shovel with the handle off it and the bottom grinded to the shape of the chute. He always stops it spinning and then cleans the chute into the bucket. It's that expensive you can't afford it to be wasting it.

Vin

Comment

Working...
                                X